Is It Still Possible To Preorder For First Batch?

frostedfires

Just wana know if it is it still possible to preorder for first batch? Not much of an awesome topic but I was wondering if anyone could help me and let me know if they pre-ordered recently...
Thanks guys

Send an email asking to openpandorasales@gmail.com, you might get lucky.

They will put you on a list and if enough others cancel, you'll get one :)
craigix said:
Since the latest news the emails have gone *crazy* so please be patient.

There certainly won't be any units left in a few days, I know there were not more than 50 last week even after we released the reserve 150.

ED has got a shop too
EvilDragon said:
Farox said:
EvilDragon said:
Depends. If you sent it to shop@gp2x.de, it might take a while, as I'm currently terrible busy...

:) infact ...i have sent an email in Jan but no replay .. i have thinked an issue with the mail server....so i've ordered from UK , and now im waiting ;)

Well, guess you'll get a reply from me within the next few days, as I'm slowly managing to reply more and more emails a day ;)
If you already got one from UK, you're lucky, I've got about 80 guys lined up. However, get about 2 - 3 cancellations a week, so some in that line will definately feel lucky soon ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
We have been sorting the orders again, weirdly even now people still cancel, and a few orders are always never paid (we are cancelling every single one of these now).

So while you might get an email at the moment saying 'Please wait' or even no reply for a few days, if there is a Pandora available you will get an email, we just need to do the final 'sort'.

After that we will email out information on batch 2.

craigix said:
and a few orders are always never paid (we are cancelling every single one of these now).

How does that happen? Do you have a lay-away plan?

I was part of the mixup with the Amex cards that couldn't get refunded back in 2008 so I really hope that you were able, in the end, to get my money from the bank who froze it.

I'm really tempted to get on the waiting list for a second unit from the first batch, if people are still canceling now.

I need to order a TV-out dongle first though.

People order, then it takes at least 24 hours for a wire transfer to show up, (more like 3 days), or even like my first one gets shot into orbit, and some don't ever make it to the bank so the order just hangs out there unpaid.

Sphinxter said:
People order, then it takes at least 24 hours for a wire transfer to show up

Oh yeah, I forgot about the wire transfer option.

I got through, I sent the email on friday got info on sat., and confirmed today. The price was a bit steep though, I thougth it was 220€+taxes, but it was 298€(+shipping) total. But it's ok, I didn't really give my money as an investment like some of you others did.

The main thing to remember is you got the Pandora for less than cost price. We lose money on every one.

Batch2 will be more expensive.

What will be the new price? A $10usd increase as was announced before?

10 usd is nothing.
Preordered mine, just wish I could pay the same amount but in dollars instead of euro. Pandora was a lot more expensive than I thought, I had counted in dollars and when they gave me price in euro it was kinda more than what I expected :p

craigix said:
The main thing to remember is you got the Pandora for less than cost price. We lose money on every one.

I don't suppose you'd share whether that is marginal or average cost (meaning: are you including development costs, or just the cost of making and shipping the individual unit?)

daffy said:
craigix said:

I don't suppose you'd share whether that is marginal or average cost (meaning: are you including development costs, or just the cost of making and shipping the individual unit?)

We don't have the final bill yet for the board population, but it will probably put the Pandora just a little over ($20-$30) the price charged.

Fingers crossed we can lower all that on batch 2, but due to high lead times some parts are actually now MORE expensive! FFFuuuu....

$25 on every unit makes $100'000 on 4'000 units. I guess you need that appstore to do really well to not only cover up the costs for the Pandora but to fund future hardware development.

Awakening said:
$25 on every unit makes $100'000 on 4'000 units. I guess you need that appstore to do really well to not only cover up the costs for the Pandora but to fund future hardware development.

We do have money here and there to claim back, so I'm hoping we can get the figure down to something less distressing :)

r00tw00t said:
When people are canceling their orders does this mean my position in the queue decreases?

It does yes, but remember I'm not the only place taking orders, so we cannot give you a perfect estimation of where you are in the queue, only where you stand in our queue.

r00tw00t said:
When people are canceling their orders does this mean my position in the queue decreases?

I guess it depends on if they ordered before or after you.

ben_dash said:
I was part of the mixup with the Amex cards that couldn't get refunded back in 2008 so I really hope that you were able, in the end, to get my money from the bank who froze it.

yeah i was part of the amex mixup, and i'm wondering if my order was cancelled. any information anyone?

Tbh, I'm fairly new to the site and still doing lots of investigation.. but if you guys have done all the work that it looks like you have, I'd happily pay you guys plenty more money to compensate for some of the losses.
Should be seeing more of me soon! Always happy to contribute to the community! Desktop pictures are speciality ;)

Back