Interview With Senor Quack

Hooka

That Guy!
Website
Visit site
Hello again,
I just finished getting an interview with Senor Quack online, check it out here! Now I guess it's back to fixing up freesci so I can get a release out for you guys ;)

Have a good one!

I enjoyed reading this :p

Taking potshots at gp2x standards is both mean and funny :ph34r:

I'm not part of standards but I would be down to start a scene war.

Quack deserves all the recognition we can give him. Never fails to impress, and I feel strangely connected with him, except I'm ambivalent toward RFTC :)

Anybody who can't take my jokes and want to start a war over it, well, meh... I have a sense of humor, I can't help that :p

I still thank Senor Quack for porting one of the greatest games of all time: The Ur-Quan Masters. Thanks for taking the extra effort getting it working on the F200.

Crosswords, X-COM,... it's like somebody wrote down all the games I'd like to see on GP2X and handed them to Senor Quack. :D

There was another X-Com re-make project - I can't find the name right now - that was focused on re-using the original game graphics, sounds etc. I'll have to dig it out - it wasn't that popular because it was overshadowed by UFO2000 but it did exist for a while.

The other thing I'd like is for someone to finish off FreeSynd and get that ported. I think it would work very well on touchscreen. I know that on the more powerful machines you could use DOSBox etc. but to have an OS version of Syndicate using the original data - it would be better than OpenTTD... the amount of new missions, new weapons, new abilities you could add...

Although I still contend that the final mission of Syndicate (or was it American Revolt?), on the Oil Rig, is 100% impossible. It's just stupid. I'd love to be able to play that with 20 friendly agents and then show them who's boss....

I know PalmOS has a game called UFO Legacy, which seemed to be more of a realtime single unit XCOM clone, too bad it crashes on me frequently... otherwise I'd probably be playing that right now on my Zodiac :)

Rlyeh: Have to agree with you there!

Oh man I had forgotten how I had beat his arse at porting Cave Copter :D to donskeeto's credit his code was very clean and easy to understand, and I had the right code ready to reuse for that. It was my first port though.

Hooka who else is on your interview list? ;)

Damn, excellent reading choices as well. House of Leaves and Catch 22? Good man, those are two of my favorite books.

Hooka said:
Anybody who can't take my jokes and want to start a war over it, well, meh... I have a sense of humor, I can't help that :p
I thought it was funny. But yeah GPH should have had sensible "standards" in the first place and Senor Quack sums it up nicely I think. And it was nice to be name-dropped. :lol:

Interesting read as ever, thanks again Hooka!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back