Internet Gaming On The Gp32?

Captainbubby

Hi again!

Quite a few GP32 games support internet gaming, such as Dungeon & Guarder. Is there any special way in which to do this? I assume that I should enter my PC's IP address in the IP field, connect it with the usb link and away I go?

That is what I have tried and it seems not to work, I do find it strange that I could play online through a USB connection in the first place so perhaps there's something I'm doing wrong!

Thanks in advance!

I also assumed that you should be able to do that, but never actually tried. My assumption was based a little wizard which from what i can remember has both a rf link and internet play option.

if you can or not...for the ip address would you not put in the persons computer you were wanting to connect to / play a game with ?

then they do the same using your ip, if possible both machines should find each other correct ?

obviously make sure one of you is hosting the game and the other is trying to join.

Oh and i also remember reading about this on a gamepark site (i think it was) so if they finalized it should work....some how.

Ahhh yes, Dungeon & Guarder had the same option, though I just realised that you would have to have someone you'd want to connect with, I was just assuming there might be a server browser or something, but then again, that's rather insane actually!

oh you can play bloody cross (the free demo) over the internet :)
you just gotta install all PC apps, the game on the smc, launch gp32 with usb cable connected to PC, find your friend over a bloody cross tool and fight him :)
it was ok fun when i did it (both ISDN), but a bit laggy but other then that cool :)

Some homebrew games could support it. It's actually quite easy:

2 modems (Most cellphones have built-in modems)
2 GP32's

Most modems work via the serial port, and lucky for us, the GP32 has one FULL serial port (UART0), and half a serial port (UART1). So, if you were to connect your cellphones modem to the GP32, some simple commands would set it to dial another cellphone, also connected to the GP32. And voila! Multiplayer without your PC. Ofcourse, it'd be hella slow, but still ;)

you just gotta install all PC apps, the game on the smc, launch gp32 with usb cable connected to PC, find your friend over a bloody cross tool and fight him 

so has anyone actually tried this with another game ? couldnt you just use the same pc app to get gp32 onto net and use in game ip search to find competitor ?

possibly a stupid question, but just making sure were all not just assuming it doesnt work. :)

Tristan posted on Dec 15 2004 at 09:00 AM said:

2 GP32's

Most modems work via the serial port, and lucky for us, the GP32 has one FULL serial port (UART0), and half a serial port (UART1). So, if you were to connect your cellphones modem to the GP32, some simple commands would set it to dial another cellphone, also connected to the GP32. And voila! Multiplayer without your PC. Ofcourse, it'd be hella slow, but still ;)

Neat! Even slow speeds are ok if you're sending command info (current x position, current y position, etc) because you're only transmitting something along the lines of probably 300bytes per second or something like that... so unless you have icons of custom characters being sent back&forth, you don't need a fast interface.

Last edited by a moderator:
dracosilv posted on Dec 15 2004 at 12:01 PM said:
Tristan posted on Dec 15 2004 at 09:00 AM said:

2 GP32's

Neat! Even slow speeds are ok if you're sending command info (current x position, current y position, etc) because you're only transmitting something along the lines of probably 300bytes per second or something like that... so unless you have icons of custom characters being sent back&forth, you don't need a fast interface.
think about it..
GP32 Wars over cell phone :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back