Internet Chainmail

sam fisher

Website
blog.peter-r.co.uk
Right, I actually looked into the spam folders of my MSN email account today. And much to my surprise, I realised that long ago all my contacts email addresses had been banished to the spam filter. Why,

Email said:
if uoy forwrd dis 2 10 ppl den ur 1 tru luv wil kis du & ull live happyly evr aftr.

if u dnt frwrd it den u wil hve a bd thng ruin ur life.

Well, as scared as I am from the ASCII characters in that email, I don't feel the need to forward it. Why are people actually threatened by a clump of data sent from server to server?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could actually kill anyone that talked/typed like that. Really. Kill. I wouldn't mind going to jail, it would be worth it.

i went away for 2 weeks and got over 100 spam emails in my spam folder. and thats with gmail!!!
and damn do i hate those emails, "you will die if you dont re-send this email" even though it is your local slut that sent the email out.
and like you iignotus, i hate so much that kind of talk. when people text you or speak to you on msn and has every word abreviated to two letters. its like, wtf?????? how am i meant to read that.
i just ignore those people now, its the best way.

I'm up to about 150-200 spam emails a day. That's a lot of people offering me [*I AM STUPID SPAMMER*]. How did they know???

And I too hate that kind of speach, it's not a progression of a language, it's just lazy.

I don't really get much, and what I do get I find the btyahoo, msn and googlemail spamfilters perfect.

I get a lot of spam email too, but what I found really funny is that people would go on my guestbook on my website and spam me there too! So then i have to do all of these steps just to delete it! man it was so annoying. Now, I have it where I have to approve guestbook submissions.

PokeParadox posted on Sep 3 2006 at 11:26 AM said:
Yup.. in my Gmail account, my spam folder currently has: 89 badly worded [*I AM STUPID SPAMMER*] emails...

And as an experiment I did this one day to my hotmail account.
Haha, that's great.

I used to file away all the good spam, but I've been bouncing them recently and I haven't got much at all any more.

The best ones were "Penis Launcher", "Oh, you do it very fast...", "up! no down" and "Horny pills - low price".

I also had a nice one explaining that President Clinton used [*I AM STUPID SPAMMER*].

Last edited by a moderator:
I get the joy's of going through emails that have been detected as spam, to make sure nothing legitimate has been incorrectly detected by our heuristic scanners. Luckily alot of spam is caught, and deleted for us by Spamcop. If an email doesn't happen to be caught by this spam filter, but by our heuristoc scanner I report it to Spamcop.

To say that I only have to do this for 2 domains isn't that bad, as I only have to filter through about 30 emails a day.

I just have to wonder what purpose some of the spam serves, as it doesn't actually give any contact details for the spammer, in the event I am interested in their product. eg:

Attenntion all day traedrs and investros

Breaking news will realease on monday !!! Watch it explode on monday!!!

Latest news:
Prmeium Petroluem, Inc.: Acquires Additional Zone on Boyne Lake Prospect.

Calgary, Alberta--(Makret W i r e)-- Premuim Pertoleum, Inc. (Other OTC:pP TL.PK - News) is pleased to announce that it has acquired production rights to an additional zone on the Boyne Lake prospect in Alberta Canada. Based on data collected throughout the drilling stage it was decided to purchase the rights for this zone.

Due to wet weather conditions, the company has not been able to mobilize equipment onto the property to complete the well testing. The company anticipates the two zones will be tested within the next 30 days.As previously mentioned, the well is still on tight hole status, and therefore information regarding the testing results will not be released until a future date. The company anticipates that in the coming months it will be successful in acquiring prospective crown oil and gas lease(s) with significant upside potential.

The company also continues to review potential joint venture opportunities with third parties.Bruce A. Thomson, B.A. Sc. ; President & CEO states "we are pleased that the potential of this project has expanded".

Ivnestor ale rt don't miss another run on PPT L!!!
Nervous to get trading alerts? I know this. Piece of mind is reachable even for a trader! Here’s some valuable information that can improve the situation.

Cmopany: Premuim Pterolm new
Ticker: PP TL
C u r r e n t p r i c e: $0.0130
T a r g e t p r i c e: $0.05
Reocmmendation: strnog b y e
P r i c e increase foreacastt: Max
RRisk Facttor: LLowest

Watch P PTL like a hawk on monday September 4,

About Innovation Holdings:

Premium is set to exploit petroleum and natural gas reserves in an environment of unprecedented commodity p r i c e s and under the guidance of a highly qualified mangaement and technical team.Premium is an emerging junior oil and gas company finanically well connected, coupled with a strong maangement and technical team focused on exploiting oil and gas reserves in the Wetsern Canaidan Sedimenatry basin to 6000 feet in depth. Managmeent intends to pursue a growth strategy through Land Assembly, Joint Ventures (Farmin / Farmout), and Acquisitions. The C o m p a n y has assembled a seasoned team of managers and technical professionals in the areas of geology, engineering, and legal. With the depth of the management and technical team we have assembled, Premium is poised for aggressive asset growth and development.

Conclusion:

The examples above show the awesome, earning potential of little known companies that explode onto i n v s e t o r's r a d a r screens; Many of you are already familiar with this. PPT L has already shown p r i c e growth up to $$0.05 in the past (see historical data ) it will b o o m this monday again!

Get on PP TL first thing on monday!!!

Is P PTL poised and positioned to do that for you? Then you may feel the time has come to act... And please watch this one t r a d e tomorrow! Go P PTL!!!

Some of the opportunities of this stock have been overlooked – don’t lose money by doing that!

Back