Internet Browsers

V3X

Dance Pac-man. DANCE!!!!
Website
Visit site
hi,
mi internet browser, internet explroer, is fucking up when eva it loads a page it closes down :angry: so i was wondering if there r n e good internet browsers out there? preferbly 4 free :p

I think most here use Mozilla Firefox. Try it out, it is a great browser.

Can't be bothered to write more, there are already several threads about it. Do a search ;)

There are a few topics here about this, among them this poll.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...9379&hl=browser

Most here use Firefox, and many who previously used IE here use firefox now. Its a great browser with many great features. (tabbed browsing, popup blocker, image / add blocker, very secure, small download, etc...) If you havent tried it yet, give it a go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ernest posted on May 27 2004 at 03:25 AM said:
I recommend using opera, its brilliant for me with my 56k!! ;)
He asked for free browsers, and Opera aint worth paying for. Sure you can get it through...unofficial means...heh...but why go through the trouble of paying for, or pirating a browser, when Firefox is just as good if not better!

I dont know which one is better for 56k, I havent had dialup since the stone age.

Akuma no Houkon posted on May 27 2004 at 10:39 AM said:
I recommend using opera, its brilliant for  me with my 56k!! ;)
He asked for free browsers, and Opera aint worth paying for. Sure you can get it through...unofficial means...heh...but why go through the trouble of paying for, or pirating a browser, when Firefox is just as good if not better!

I dont know which one is better for 56k, I havent had dialup since the stone age.
I got it free off of a cover disc of a mag!!

mozilla firefox doesn't like some websites. And when you try to download something it flickers the download box opening and closing and hogs the computer thus having to shutdown.

Plus it doesn't like some video clips, The website doesn't have a plug-in page dammit!!

Akuma no Houkon posted on May 27 2004 at 11:39 AM said:

Opera is free. the only catch is that is displays a (very small) banner at the top. Its fast, especially for 56k, and its got loads of neat features. Small downlaod unless you want Java, but you'd only need to download that once, then when you upgrade, the java is already installed.

Akuma no Houkon posted on May 27 2004 at 12:39 PM said:
As already said:
The banner sponsored version is free (no nagging, no other restrictions).

And it definately is worth buying. I tried every browser I could find and always switched back to opera... until I finally bought it.

Most important for me:
Fast, small, configurable and... MOUSE GESTURES (I love 'em :))

If anybody likes a browser or not depends on the person... you don't like Opera, I don't like Firefox...

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on May 27 2004 at 06:14 AM said:
Hey firefox has that, and its free. Without banners. :p Its Fast, small, and has mouse gestures.

mozilla firefox doesn't like some websites.
Show me one. (well you would have to do better than just one) I have used firefox for a long time and never encountered a webpage it didnt like, quite the opposite, many sites I visit work much better in firefox than other browsers (IE included). This isnt to say that there are none, but there are plenty of websites that dont work well with IE (or other browsers) as well. I am sure there is a site or two that has some kind of issue with Firefox, I have encountered many sites that dont work IE and Mozilla so I know that incompatible sites exist, they always will, for every browser. You cant blame bad webdesign and horrible web coding on a browser.

And when you try to download something it flickers the download box opening and closing and hogs the computer thus having to shutdown.
I think you have an a problem here, and its not firefox. I download MANY things on firefox all the time, and have never had an issue with flickering or resources.

Akuma no Houkon posted on May 27 2004 at 03:58 PM said:
EvilDragon posted on May 27 2004 at 06:14 AM said:
Hey firefox has that, and its free. Without banners. :p Its Fast, small, and has mouse gestures.
Yep, right :)
Firefox would be my 2nd choice... but I still... hmm... I don't know, I feel better with Opera.
Don't know why ;)

And I guess he found some IE6 only websites... they won't work on Opera, FireFox, etc. 'cause they're not standard html... (I just ignore those sites. If they are too stupid to create standard html sites, they can't be very important ;))

Last edited:
Akuma no Houkon posted on May 27 2004 at 01:58 PM said:
mozilla firefox doesn't like some websites.
Show me one.
Not all the time but both IGN.com and Gamespot.com occasionally the contents shunt about a page away to the right so you have to scroll a page worth right to see the content.

Again a certain huge chinese rom resource i use, not going to mention but its not isn't one of those crummy top 100 sites you either know it or you don't ;), its night in possible to change pages on the lists by clicking next or entering the page number.

What i do find is a problem is certain adverts will flicker across the top of pages not allowing you to click the links.. this happens on quite a few sites.. even though i have adblock on (eg..lycos.co.uk)

Oh yeah i lose my smilies in hotmail :D

I mean its stuff i can live with i still prefer it from IE even with the above.

I just boot up ie6. to resolve on those occasions.

but if theres a soloution to the above... that'd be great B)

Sorry for another stupid question, but wat is a mouse gesture?

Is it when you move your mouse over a link and the hand comes up?

no, it's when you eg tap the right mouse button and pull your mouse to the left, you'll go back to the previous page. They're fucking convenient :)

Back