I hope that this is the last time I ask this.....

notyu1459

Still Fresh
2200-2300 Batch 1 Craig's queue (Last time I checked)

When can I expect my Pandora? Give me your best estimation.

Edit: Maybe it will be easier now that they've updated the status page?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't now how much is shipping from Craigix's queue, the thread 'Your Pandora has shipped' the only people reporting are those that upgraded to premium or from ED's queue. I think the queue has stopped until the ICPs are done and shipped out, RMAs are done, and until they can get ahead of premium orders.

Can anyone confirm or deny that last post?

Deny. Mine was ordered on the 1st October, 2008, with confirmation at 11:20am and shipped yesterday, arriving today. Currently just stalking my window waiting for UPS to deliver.

I think the queue has stopped until the ICPs are done and shipped out ...

I hope this is a bad joke... No fucking way that's acceptable
I'm pretty sure that second.exodus is in no way associated with the team, and I'm also pretty sure that there has been nothing said that would even remotely suggest that scenario.

No... we stopped queue because we thought you guys didn't wait long enough yet... :)

Naaah, nothing has stopped. It's true we're also needing time to sort out the broken boards (nubs, or other issues they had from the start) in order to send them to CC to get them fixed.

Repairs work in parallel to the production, so the earlier we get the boards to CC, the earlier we get those boards back and can build new units!

We're standing before a massive amount of work, we're doing it as fast as we can, don't worry.

I was 850-950 in Craig's queue and received mine on 2nd Feb (ordered 30th Sept 2008 9:30pm), if that helps you to judge :)

Remember the figure quoted on the status page includes 25% which go to ED. You can probably deduct another 100-200 for returns which happened before some of the suppliers got their QA sorted out.

All I can say is keep waiting (patiently or otherwise), the device keeps getting better and better with each passing day.

Today I browsed the SDL website offline, looked up some info, set my code to fullscreen mode, compiled my game directly on the pandora, and played it on the pandora as God intended (and me!) :)

I was 850-950 in Craig's queue and received mine on 2nd Feb (ordered 30th Sept 2008 9:30pm), if that helps you to judge :)

Remember the figure quoted on the status page includes 25% which go to ED. You can probably deduct another 100-200 for returns which happened before some of the suppliers got their QA sorted out.

All I can say is keep waiting (patiently or otherwise), the device keeps getting better and better with each passing day.

Today I browsed the SDL website offline, looked up some info, set my code to fullscreen mode, compiled my game directly on the pandora, and played it on the pandora as God intended (and me!) :)

I do realize that ED gets some of the Pandoras. If recall correctly, I can find the approximate position of craig's queue by subtracting 400. I am not sure if this involves the broken boards.

All I want to know is some more exact answer. I know it isn't easy to find one, and I don't expect everyone to have one. I just want some good estimations from people who really know what they're talking about. I'm hoping that maybe my estimation can help a lot of other people guess ass well, including every person who is where I am in the queue and around.

Craig has said another 1000 will be produced before the end of the month... I picture in my mind loads of Pandoras lying on a bench being assembled at this moment.

2200 done less 25% to ED less 10% RMA less 100 premium = 2200 - 600 - 300 - 100 (rounded up for pessimism) = 1200 in Craig's queue.

so if 1000 more are coming out in March: 1000 - 250 - 100 - 0 = 650 more delivered to Craig's queue.

1200 + 650 = 1850 Craig queue pos at end of March.

2300 - 1850 = 450 more Craigs pandoras which needs about 700 more made so defo April or later for you.

When did you order?

Back