Impossible to charge my Pyra

trevormacro

Hello,
I try to charge my pyra but i have green led on top and power button led in red. I use apple adaptor.
I try center micro usb and usb 3 same thing.
My pyra is at 0% now.
Why ut can't boot. I charge since 20 minutes.
Any helps?
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20211018_161412.jpg
    IMG_20211018_161412.jpg
    884.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20211018_161445.jpg
    IMG_20211018_161445.jpg
    725.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20211018_161506.jpg
    IMG_20211018_161506.jpg
    682.1 KB · Views: 128
Usually whyle the Pyra charges, it shouldn’t have the green light on, dit you try to hold the Power button until the green light went off ? Then it’s red power led should get light up and it should charge…

If it really is at 0% it won't even have enough power to boot enough to run the palmas chip. I'd suggest leaving it for a good few hours plugged in and see if it improves.

Matzesu gave a good advice. I would also suggest to cool Pyra in the fridge for 10-15 mins, then try to charge it through different ports. There are some deviations in mother- and cpu boards which are not properly addressed by the current software (it is quite rare and my Pyra is subject to this issues). Thus for me micro USB port (right one, single) works best. Green light on Pyra logo means CPU is active - it will heat up the device and prevent it from charging (currently). Also note that it charges slowly, especially through the micro USB port. Thus as soon as you get red power button light (constant) and no logo light - just be patient.

Sometimes I have to take the battery out for a few seconds to be sure that the CPU is switched off.

I have second problem. My battery is charged now at 100%
I would like to power on my pyra but when i push on power i only have green light on front. Nothing boot on screen. I remove battery 30 second and push power again but only green light without power red. Keyboard light on and off very speed. Nothing on screen.

Attachments

• IMG_20211019_101627.jpg
    IMG_20211019_101627.jpg
    978.6 KB · Views: 121
I have second problem. My battery is charged now at 100%
I would like to power on my pyra but when i push on power i only have green light on front. Nothing boot on screen. I remove battery 30 second and push power again but only green light without power red. Keyboard light on and off very speed. Nothing on screen.
It looks like the overheating issue. Try puting it in the fridge for 10 min before boot. Also, there is no need to pull the battery - just hold the power button until it switches off.
There is a custom u-boot version made by @aTc, which helps to mitigate such behaviour. If we confirm that your issue is temperature related - I will share the files and flashing instructions with you.

Your welcome, although you can still use the first slot, just push it a bit out during boot, it can stick half in the slot just not the whole way In

I once tried this when I had this thing new but unfortunately I took the boot flag from the internal space so had to get a new boot image and Reflash ^^

Maybe I could try it a second time, but setting up my Firefox bookmarks again took a while ^^
Im faster whit the current solution: first a push on the sd card, then a push on the power button ^^

Back