Image Viewer Questions

Muncher666

I've rooted around for info on this, but as of yet haven't found much on it. Does the image viewer that comes with the gp2x have zoom support? I've wanted to use the gp2x as a comic reader as well as other things.

Allan.

Ditto on hoped usage, Muncher.

I'd say this is something we could fairly expect inside a month, whether from GPH or not.

nickspoon posted on Dec 31 2005 at 09:34 AM said:
I think the PDF reader offers zoom support, so if you convert your comics to .pdf they should run OK.

i hope a native comic reader of some sort comes out, or an image viewer gets enough configs that it will be useful as such. it would be nice if you could lock the zoom and specify which corner (upper left/upper right) you wanted to view when opening a new picture.

the pdf viewer is comming along but if you tried it you'd know the zoom is too slow to try and read a comic.

honestly i thought i'd be reading a lot of comics on my gp32 but it never wound up that way. i think the small screen and lack of programs is what did it, i wound up reading more eBooks than anything else :) ... another thing that surprised me was how well the gp32 did video, even anime with subtitles was worth watching! i just couldn't be assed to re-encode my library forthe cause. so here's hoping to a very robust video player on th gp2x B)

nickspoon, i'm also running ubuntu ... right now :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back