I'll Pay For Full Speed SNES Emulation

I dont even have a Game Park yet, But i would easily pay $20 usd for a full speed snes emulator, and up to $30 if they would guarantee support and updates.

I have a feeling most of us would pay something for a full speed SNES emu.

Intelleco probably wouldn't mind setting up something like a PayPal account for donations. Why don't you ask him? Maybe if we bribe him enough, he'll crank out an even better emu then the next release offers, or continue on with the project. Most of his setbacks appear to be mostly financial-related, unfortunately =/

$50 wouldn't be necessary, maybe something like $2-$5 donation per person. If everyone who used SNES9xGP and wanted a sizable (or rather expedient) update donated in that range, I think he'd have a pretty penny on his side.

When I get finished moving and get my web server set up again I will gladly set up some sort of site dedicated to this. What we could do is first come up with certain features and quality of emulation for systems that are most wanted in the scene. For example snes or genesis emulators must have decent compatability and frame skip of three with decent sound in order to claim the prize. We could first narrow down what is wanted most from the scene by using online polls. From there we could come up with a donation list in which people would sign up and decide how much they would donate to the author of the emulator if his project meets the mark. I figure if we get a bunch of people to sign up and each plan to pledge 3 or four bucks it could come up to a pretty nice chunk of change. We could set up some kind of pay pal account to compensate the authors of the emulators when they reach theiir goal. I know it sounds like it could turn into a mess but if its done correctly I think it really could spark the scene and inspire people to really create some amazing things. I have no problem supporting a job well done I mean I purchased the system thats true but I have put very little if any money into the apps I use most. I think a site like this could do more to get people the emulators they want than just posting constantly asking about thhe status of genesis or snes emulators.

Why not send him a donation NOW - rather than waiting.

Considering what he does/is doing to continue the GP32 community - regardless of when, where the emulator comes.

Why not support him in his efforts (WHILE HE IS DOING IT), rather than waiting.

This donation should not be for SNES emulation - it should simply be to support one of the coders who keep the platform alive.

HZ :ph34r:

Thats sounds like a great idea i wish i could help, but i have minimal to none knowledge of html. Polls would be great and everything. I just disagree with you on the prize part. iw ouldnt really make it like a contest. I say what you do is review the different emulators and pick one for each system and give it a seal of aproval. Then have the option to donate money to each individual developer...the one with the websites stamp of excellence would get the most. ANd the polls could show the developers what we want. i just think that turning it into a contest would make the focus more on winning the money then rather making the best emulator possible. But thats just my opinion, i guess whatever you choose is your descision. All i know is that having any site for this is better then having no site!

See the point of this is to help push an authors project as far as it can go. If you where to send out a donation to say ryle because you know that he is working on a genesis emulator that defeates the point. Sending out a donation now doesn't necisarliy mean that yoou will see a genesis emulator any sooner. Setting a goal and rewarding an author for his amazing work once its released to the public could be enough to inspire and spark some creativity in thhe scene.

I'd pay $50 for full speed emualtion at frameskip 2 on games like mario kart and super mario rpg.

If I paid though it would have to be clean and well done. I hate how the load rom screen is so cluttered, I mean it would have to be very professional and very functional. Also that's a hundred bucks just from me and Azure, that is well worth the effort I think.

Neogenetics

I see your point I am just throwing out an idea right now and I think any suggestions on how to get thhe ball rolling are great. I just think that there could be more that the fans of the gp32 that don't have the skills to code an emulatoor ourselves could do something more than just beg for the things that we really want to see and hope that someone decides to make it a reality. If anyone has any other ideas of what could be done by all means post them. I think competitions like the gbax and the 15 day comp and the gp32 spain comp have done alot to spark creativity.

Well, you can always donate to the contest IF there will be an emulator released.

I'm ready to contribute 50 Euro to someone who creates a fully working fullspeed GB/GBC emulator with database (like Castaway, LJGP or NesterGP).

It's clearly stated on the GP32Contest-Page on www.gp32spain.com, and I will donate it, if an emulator is released.

Ya angrypants im just throwing around ideas too. But you probably know best i dont even have a Game park, but i do have a fair amount of emulators on my computer.

I was thinking of doing something similar, but for MAME. I would be willing to pay $20 for a working version of MAME with several of the emulators working.

I don't think it has anything to do with money that there is no full speed SNES emulator yet.

It has to do with the difficulty of the project and the time required for it. All you people need to do is have a little patience. Things take time. Some more then others and an SNES emu takes more.

I would definitly pay for full speed with sound snes or Genesis emulation so come on someone and make it happen!
I would pay £100 for an Amiga emulator and thats no lie!

Back