Idea For O/s (blutooth Wii As Mouse)

kloplop321

Psychotic Trans-dimensional Being
Website
kloplop321.com
Well, it should just be an option, but It would be interesting to use the rotational data from the Wii remote as a means of moving the mouse. There are debian libraries for a simple Wii-Remote framework
libcwiid1-dev
libcwiimote-dev
for the source.
It is only an idea, it way be implemented, with BT now planned to be within the production. But as an option only though, not everybody has a Wiimote, or wants to have the battery used for it when noting will connect.
thanks for reading :)

yeah, because we do not need to process tho LED infrared camera information for what I am thinking of.
It should be easy enough, you have the X,Y, and the Z rotation to process, and those are just numbers ;)

The particularly interesting thing would be a wireless one with the Pandora hooked up the tv. With decent software support, you've got a poor man's Wii.

Except of course that the Pandora costs more than a Wii, but that's a by the by. Still quite a cool idea, in principle...

I'd be neat to get full support, so we could use the nunchuck for the left analog stick and the wiimote for the right, and get all of the buttons working. Then we could play PSX wii style!
I don't really think that is possible though

I've been using a wiimote with the cwiid drivers for a while. It's really cool, there is support for most of the available hardware (if not all of it). What I think is really cool about cwiid is that it's extremely configurable, all of the buttons, dpads, accelerometers and ir sensors can be custom mapped. It makes playing psx and mupen64 games really enjoyable, with the classic controller. And, you can use the nunchuck for some interesting openarena play (but a bit difficult to control).

This would be ideal for plugging it into the TV, and having a decent controller to use. I think it might even be possible to do multiple wiimotes, but that's not something that i've personally tried.

I think that as long as the dependencies are met, it will likely build just fine on the pandora.

Haha! Yes! Beaten to the punch again. My friend Aaron and I were just discussing this last night.

p B)

I do not think that candle holders need to be implanted into the hardware :blink:
I am sure an easy low wattage LED accessory over USB would suffice if we really wanted to use the iR camera on it.
The parts could be built inside with only a 30 cent addition or less on the manufacturing end, and the O/S turn them on when a WiiMote is connected.
but of course hardware modification suggestions may be out of question now.

I seem to remember a post about wanting some sort of Frets on Fire / Guitar Hero type remake on the Pandora.

I doubt anyone will make that, but it would be pretty cool to get that going (plugged into a TV of course) with the Wii guitar (which just attaches to the Wii remote and communicates through the remote's wireless0.

Apparently, the cwiid driver will work with the wii guitar hero controller too:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=664717

... Now I need to figure out if I want Frets of fire on my computer or guitar hero on the xbox. I'd like to be competitive with this at parties, and my gf consistently beats me. Although, playing it on the pandora could be a 'warm up' since not everybody can play at once on guitar hero/rock band.

As for the IR bar, you could rip up a usb cord and buy some ir leds and some resistors and make one of your own. But honestly, the IR sensing stuff will be basically useless. Using it as a pointer device is really difficult to begin with, and I use it at about 10' away, and using it right in front of you would be tricky (unless it's plugged into the tv). If it is plugged into the tv, just get one of those battery powered ir bars mentioned, they work well.

If we do get Wii contollers working via bluetooth, does anyone know if it would be possible to plug the Pandora into a TV via TV-Out and have a multiplayer one person using the classic controller and one using the pandora buttons?

That would be cool and I wouldn't need to buy anymore controllers (yay!).

DarkScale said:
If we do get Wii contollers working via bluetooth, does anyone know if it would be possible to plug the Pandora into a TV via TV-Out and have a multiplayer one person using the classic controller and one using the pandora buttons?

That would be cool and I wouldn't need to buy anymore controllers (yay!).
It's perfectly possible to use both the pandora controls and an external controller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or, you could have one person on the classical controller and one person on the wiimote itself. Or possibly two wiimotes.

... I really need to get another wiimote and try out this whole two wiimote thing with the cwiid drivers.

Kloplop321 said:
I would on my own computer(as I have 4 Wiimotes) but I do not have a blutooth adaptor
Sounds like a good excuse to buy one then. =)

They're only like $20 anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back