Icons on desktop can't be rearranged

cube48

Website
www.48.cz
The icons on my desktop can't be rearranged by drag'n'drop. Some days ago I accidentally moved the trashbin icon into the middle of the desktop during the nub 'calibration' after boot. So it must be somehow possible but I'm not able to replicate it.

I found that the desktop folder in my home dir was owned by root. Changing the ownership to my account didn't help.

Appearance of PNDs placed in /media/MYCARD/pandora/desktop/ works fine. I'm on latest HF5.

Did I miss some 'lock icons' setting somewhere?

Thunar apparently doesn't support dragging of desktop icons, at least not the version that Pandora uses.

You can edit ~/Applications/Settings/xfce4/desktop/icons.screen0.rc to manually change the row and column of each entry.

After editing that file, you probably want to 'killall xfdesktop' from a terminal to have it reload the file.

Thunar apparently doesn't support dragging of desktop icons, at least not the version that Pandora uses.

You can edit ~/Applications/Settings/xfce4/desktop/icons.screen0.rc to manually change the row and column of each entry.

After editing that file, you probably want to 'killall xfdesktop' from a terminal to have it reload the file.
Just press F5 on the desktop, that'll do it.

its probablly a bug, but i was able to drag the icons around sorta.

hold shift and try to move it real quick with the touchscreen

if your fast enough, it will move a bit lol.

Thanks Gruso!

I must be getting old. Searched the tweaks list several times and didn't notice it. Was this added recently? Also search over both forums was not successful, perhaps I asked for wrong key words.

I simply love this community, I've been in a lot of forums/communities but this one is far most friendly and supportive. Thanks again.

Back