I Want To Get A Blu Unit....but...

RoboJoe32

What faults? The ones i've been hearing about like crazy! (only on the BLU+ though right?)

1: White bars on display.

2: The "yellowed" screen plastic.

3: Semi-crooked screen.

Which BLU batchs are known to have these? and are there BLU units for sale that are pre-modded to fix this?

What faults? The ones i've been hearing about like crazy! (only on the BLU+ though right?)

Which BLU batchs are known to have these? and are there BLU units for sale that are pre-modded to fix this?

I have a BLU+ :

1. I get the white bar (Only on non-fixed programs). Most of the decent emu's/games have now been fixed so not really an issue
2. Yellow screen plastic??? No idea - mine looks great
3. My screen aint crooked

You will probably not be able to find a non BLU+ unit by now. There are only a couple of programs that suffer from the white bar syndrome and I have no requirement to use them.

Last edited by a moderator:

My understanding is that the "yellowed" screen plastic and semi crooked screen apply to all the BLU units not just the new BLU+ ones. These problems really aren't problems at all, if you're the kind of person to take your GP32 to pieces and analyse it for anything slightly off then yeh, you'll find them, but otherwise you won't notice them at all unless you spend too long looking for old forum posts :p

As for the white bars on the display, that's what happens when software isn't compatible with the BLU+, but blu+ versions of the majority of software now exists. You will also find that the top line on the LCD is drawn on the bottom, but again, the resolution is such that this is a very minor problem. Don't worry about it, I've got a BLU+ and I'm quite happy with it and I'm confident you would be too.

1) Most of programs were fixed already and therefore there is no longer white line bug present. But scan line bug is still there ... but it is minor issue in comparison with white line.

2) Yup plastic is yellow tined, but it is not BLU+ issue, but it was the same with BLU too.

glassplastic.jpg

3) I have BLU+ and no, my display is OK.

Since there won't be other BLU units then BLU+ (as GamePark is not gonna get back to Samsung LCDs), there is no other way then getting BLU+.

1. Some programs have this, but it can be fixed (and most of the good programs have already been fixed - apart from os9xGP but yoyo says he will try this when he gets one).

2. All GP32's have had this. I used to have a FLU and it had this, and so does my BLU. It however is not very noticeable at all - it only makes white slightly off-white.

3. Only very slight and is not on all BLU's just some of them. It can be corrected - check what it says in I need help (sam_fisher had this problem as well as some other guy so you could contact them).

I understand the tinted screen is used to balance the colors. The BLU enhances certain colors, and FLU some other colors. Red is brighter or something.

And thus why the tint.

I understand the tinted screen is used to balance the colors. The BLU enhances certain colors, and FLU some other colors. Red is brighter or something.

And thus why the tint.
Really I have never heard this, could you direct me to tis information,as I was going to add a glass screen to mine. :blink:

I do believe I've heard it here, but also, that it is such a slight correction, that it really doesn't look much different after glass-mod, (except clearer and crisper, because of the glass).

I read it was the light, not the LCD itself, that tended to lend a tint to the colors of the LCD. On my BLU+, there is no doubt about it, the plastic cover has a slight yellow tint to it. It does bother the hell out of me, and I'm tempted to do glass screen, but I'm so scared to open it and then all kinds of dust will get inside no matter how careful I am. As it stands now there is not one single spec of dust trapped inside the unit... which is more than I can say for the 2 GBA's, 2 GBA SP's, 2 DS's and 1 PSP I've purchased which have all had dust trapped in there.

The tint is noticeable the second you turn the GP on, as the starting screen is just a white screen with the gp logo, you can tell it's yellowish. Very annoying.

If anyone wants a glass screen mod in the USA, see if jr2swiss can do it. I bought my BLU from him and he also did my glass mod, and it's very clean. No dust at all.

I don't know why they put the yellow plastic on BLU's. I also hate when arcade cabinets have dark tinted plexis, I like pure clear glass/plexi. Why take away from a screen's natural vividness and brightness? I love bright glowing colors.

I read it was the light, not the LCD itself, that tended to lend a tint to the colors of the LCD. On my BLU+, there is no doubt about it, the plastic cover has a slight yellow tint to it. It does bother the hell out of me, and I'm tempted to do glass screen, but I'm so scared to open it and then all kinds of dust will get inside no matter how careful I am. As it stands now there is not one single spec of dust trapped inside the unit... which is more than I can say for the 2 GBA's, 2 GBA SP's, 2 DS's and 1 PSP I've purchased which have all had dust trapped in there.

The tint is noticeable the second you turn the GP on, as the starting screen is just a white screen with the gp logo, you can tell it's yellowish. Very annoying.

It is still worth doing the glass mod. Even if a couple of small dust particles got in it is not noticeable at all with a backlit screen. Dust is a problem and very noticeable with frontlit and non-lit screens but not backlit ones because of the way the light is done.

What is worse, a few unnoticeable dust pieces that can't be seen? Or a big yellow scratchy, smudgy plastic screen that CAN be seen, always?

Hm, i'll consider asking jr2swiss if he can hook me up with a nice glass screen sometime.

Back