I Need Convincing To Buy A Gp2x

subcon959 posted on Aug 29 2006 at 05:09 PM said:
Hi enverse.. Sorry if it wasn't clear in my post but I was talking about geniv not you.

Hey no probs dude.. Sorry to jump the gun :)

Last edited by a moderator:
enverse said:
subcon959 said:
You're wasting your time fellas, this guy obviously doesn't get it. Let him get a Sony or Nintendo and live in blissful ignorance.

Actually. I have decided to opt for the gp2x as it seems to have better battery life. less hassle getting emus and roms on there and ive found a seasoned gp2x developer/pro to help me kick things off :)

I'm actually interested in the unit. as I wouldn't be on the forum and monitoring it since Nov of last year.

but the main thing is the d-pad and battery life for me.

but to each his own. I'm kind of broke since 2 weeks ago.

but the next revision with a d-pad and better battery life. and possibily thinner I'll snap it up right up

don't get me wrong I support the gp2x and think it's a good unit but it seems like everyone here are just overly a fanboy. downplay any problems with the gp2x.

geniv posted on Aug 30 2006 at 01:55 AM said:
don't get me wrong I support the gp2x and think it's a good unit but it seems like everyone here are just overly a fanboy. downplay any problems with the gp2x.
Bear in mind that no one here has anything to gain by falsely representing the GP2x. It won't make one bit of difference to me personally if you do or don't get one. All we can do is clear up any misconceptions you might have from simply reading about it online - as opposed to us actually owning one and experiencing it first hand. I've read all the posts about the earlier versions too, but that doesn't mean that those problems still exist. I have a GP2x here right now while I'm typing.. the screen is beautiful.. the batteries are still going strong after 4.5 hours.. I just reeled off 3 fireballs in a row followed by a strong punch + dragon punch combo (Ken) in SF2 on the Megadrive emu. Life is good.

EDIT: Bloody typos.

Why the hell should we need to convince you, or anyone else to buy this device? Why is this topic still here? Why am I replying when I have Powermanga to play ...

geniv posted on Aug 29 2006 at 08:55 PM said:
I'm actually interested in the unit. as I wouldn't be on the forum and monitoring it since Nov of last year.

but the main thing is the d-pad and battery life for me.

but to each his own. I'm kind of broke since 2 weeks ago.

but the next revision with a d-pad and better battery life. and possibily thinner I'll snap it up right up

Learn to edit quotes, and learn to fix the problems you would have yourself. Have you actually read anything I said?

If you don't like something, GO FIX IT.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too many fanboys (and girls?) around here.

At the end of the day there are those who are happy with the 2x and those who aren't - why worry if others criticise? Basically this is a nice toy for those inclined to get there hands dirty, it's not really a perfect system.

I love using the 2x but I wouldn't argue with anyone who thinks that it has it's faults - stop taking it so personally guys. :rolleyes:

I think it would be a good idea if someone made a sticky for visitors which outlined the GP2X to a prospective 'non-fanboy' buyer, then we wouldn't have to have these threads come up every week.

Aninhumer posted on Aug 30 2006 at 05:47 PM said:
Ah, waiting until you can run Vista on it eh? ;)
Yeah and don't forget the new blu-ray drive coming out for it. B)

Shikaku posted on Aug 31 2006 at 03:13 AM said:
OMars posted on Aug 30 2006 at 10:11 PM said:

Also those hologram disk drives...
The PS3 emu should be out by then too.

Shikaku posted on Aug 30 2006 at 09:13 PM said:
OMars posted on Aug 30 2006 at 10:11 PM said:

Also those hologram disk drives...
Yeah and the homebrew teleportation program by reesy is going to be the bomb-diggity freshness. :D

Actually we should get back on topic...

Back