I Have Jtag, I Have Badblocks, I Have No Idea

Q

quasist

Endless Kernel Logo Booting situation...
There Is A Gp2x Cradle, COM+LPT cables. A bunch of (possible) badblocks that is render flash to be bad too.
I heard some of bad blocks are not realy hardware.
U-Boot is loading from SD perfectly.

Please, advise to some untility or the way to cleanse Nand out of filesystem "marked" badblocks.

Basically, you need a nand formatter, but its very dangerous and renders your system completely useless unless you know how to reinstall everything afterwards (over jtag).

quasist said:
Please, advise to some untility or the way to cleanse Nand out of filesystem "marked" badblocks.
Drop me a mail if you want and I will see if I can help, got a few utilities others and myself have knocked up for this sort of situation but they are not made public as they can really fook up your 2X beyond repair if misused and its not like they are documented ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
DJWillis said:
quasist said:
Drop me a mail if you want and I will see if I can help, got a few utilities others and myself have knocked up for this sort of situation but they are not made public as they can really fook up your 2X beyond repair if misused and its not like they are documented ;).

A week has passed no response... :(

Somebody PM me link to that dammed blanknand.bin!
Someone out here still with GP2X bricked!

Last edited by a moderator:
irc efnet #gp2xdev

best chance of getting help as they can tell you what to do much easier than a forum.

Back