I got tired of waiting...

quadomatic

DingooWiki Admin
Website
www.opendingoo.com
I know that there are somewhat thriving dingoo communities, but blogs and freeforums can't make it forever. The scene needs more.

I bought a domain and registered for hosting. Hopefully by the end of today I'll have some sort of drupal, phpbb3, and a wiki up and ready for something/someone ready to contribute.

I'll probably use the GP2xwiki or the pandora wiki as a model for the wiki. The board and home page will be a bit basic for a little bit.

Once I've set up the various backend pieces initially, I'll post a link to the homepage - I don't anyone fiddling with my drupal installation before I manage to set it up somewhat properly.

Someone had to do it.

http://www.opendingoo.com

Thats a good idea.. though maybe invest in a better blog system like wordpress or a better forum like vbulletin or invision board to show some quality.
it depends what you want out of the site. if you want a wiki concentrate on a wiki if you want a forums do that, making a multisite this soon will prolly turn your users off to the fact that it will be bare and unoriginal content.
Try isolate a side of the market then focus on that for a short time before expanding. least then you will have a community behind you.

wish you luck

Another forum and wiki isn't going to help, we already have a good wiki at http://a320.bluwiki.com and two sets of good forums (here and http://a320.freeforums.org). Splitting such a small community further is quite bad, I find it hard posting releases since I have to go to multiple forums.

I would say, don't do your own wiki or forums (or blog for that matter), provide something that other people aren't if you want to make another site. A file archive would be good, though I hear that evil dragon is looking into that already.

What we need more than sites is content, i.e tutorials and documentation for the api's.

Wow, I did not know there was a bluwiki....well scratch the wiki then.

Well, the point of drupal is in fact to provide content, as that's what the system is good for. Hopefully I can build up out of that.

Go for it Quad. Not to rubbish the existing wiki and forums, but with a bit of extra work I think you can make something much more accessible and legible.

To an extent, I can see where the notion of more websites fracturing the community is coming from.

On the other hand though, I feel like the pieces that the community is built upon are incredibly rocky. For example, I personally think the a320.freeforums.org website is difficult to navigate to procure information. The thing about GP32x, was that even walking in as a complete outsider, any information was incredibly easy to find, very quickly. The freeforums site doesn't do that for me. The dingoo-scene blog is not any better for walking into without any real knowledge either.

So, we'll see how this goes over the next month or 2. If I feel like I'm being constructive, I'll leave the site up. But, if it's no use, I'll drop it and move on.

flatmush said:
I would say, don't do your own wiki or forums (or blog for that matter), provide something that other people aren't if you want to make another site. A file archive would be good, though I hear that evil dragon is looking into that already.

Yep, basically finished except for some template and theme changing.

Awesome, thanks ED. BTW I can't see the "cool icons" :) Also, you got a few firmwares to upload now.

Back