I Dont Understand Polarity Thing

funkym00se

Still Fresh
Hi all, its my first post so be gentle. :)

I searched the forum but found nothing that releived my anxieties.

Anyways, i just got my 2x and love it. But i am tired of the batteries around the house and bought a multi adaptor from Argos. My problem is i dont know what polarity to choose. The jack is marked with a + and a - and the cord that i plug it into is marked with 'tip'.

Does anyone know what symbol should line up with the word 'tip'.

I am to scared to chance it so am waiting until i can find out for sure.

Thanks to everyone, look forward to getting to know everyone. :D

My advice, be extremely careful with those variable voltage, switchable polarity power blocks.
Is a dead GP2X worth not having to recharge batteries?

I'd test with a multimeter before using it, just to be 100%.

P-J said:
The '-' (minus] and 'tip' should be lined up for the GP2X.

Thanks for that, here i go then. (teeth are clenched, legs crossed and ready to go)

Last edited by a moderator:
coldfis said:
My advice, be extremely careful with those variable voltage, switchable polarity power blocks.
Is a dead GP2X worth not having to recharge batteries?

I'd test with a multimeter before using it, just to be 100%.
Always better to be safe, but I've never ever had a problem with one.

Don`t forget it`s 3 volt too, And always check and re-check that the polarity and voltage are correct every time BEFORE you plug a multi-adaptor into you GP2x, Just in case it has been used to power something else before hand.

Trooper

trooper said:
Don`t forget it`s 3 volt too, And always check and re-check that the polarity and voltage are correct every time BEFORE you plug a multi-adaptor into you GP2x, Just in case it has been used to power something else before hand.
Trooper
If you're only using it for GP2X, my suggestion is to tape the connector to the cable, and put blue-tack in the voltage selector so it can't move ;)

One of the beauties of the 2X is the fact it's the only device I have found in the entire world that accepts that thin connector, so that's a plus!

P-J said:
trooper said:
Trooper
If you're only using it for GP2X, my suggestion is to tape the connector to the cable, and put blue-tack in the voltage selector so it can't move ;)

One of the beauties of the 2X is the fact it's the only device I have found in the entire world that accepts that thin connector, so that's a plus!

I own 4 items that take the same connector (GP32, GP2x, A Vivitar DMD Media player and a Casio camera charger/docking station), But only 2 of them are centre negative, The GP32 and the GP2x. Other people may have devices that require the same connector too, Though maybe not the same polarity.

Trooper

Back