I Don't Got A Usb, Only Cardreader

shigeru-fan

Still Fresh
I don't know how to get my GP 32 to work, i dont know wich programs and stuff i need for it to work. Can somebody help me?

Or a any other from Lik-sang.
They always flash the newest FW.

Make 4 maps GPMM, GPETC, MP3, GAME.
Put .fxe files in the GPMM folder.
Read the readme files of the games.
You dont need a usb-cable if you have a cardreader, just use that.

Oki, so GPMM is where i should put my emulators and shit, and the games? I guess they should be in the GAMEfolder? Where can i download games to the GP? I want NES and Genesis-games

Oki, so GPMM is where i should put my emulators and shit, and the games? I guess they should be in the GAMEfolder? Where can i download games to the GP? I want NES and Genesis-games
Actually, you put the games in the GPMM folder. Games like DOOM wads you put in the GAME folder [more specifically GAME/DOOM]
As for the games I don't think were allowed to give that info out. Search Genesis roms or whatever but downloading roms for games you don't own is illegal, so your taking a risk if you download roms you don't own...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes... GPMM is where you put your emulators and ... ahem... shit.

You dont need to put anything directly into the GAME directory usually.

And DON'T ask for commercial roms on tis board. Read the FAQ...

Cheers

The emulators generally come with a readme file that give instructions on where to place the roms and such. It's really a very easy process.

And I might be wrong on this, but I think with the Euro FW (with the bouncing GamePark logo) you can have it format SMCs for you. Go to PC-Link and then I think you press B. It'll put all the needed folders on for you.

Now, everythings working with the emulators. But how do I do to watch movies? Wich programs do i need and how do I use them?

Play movies using gpcinema (get it at www.gp3dx.de in applications). Put it in GPMM.

Make a folder in root called MOVIE. Put your movies (.avi files) here.

Movies have to be encoded in a special version of Divx or Xvid codecs.
Get those from www.gp32eu.com
Use virtualdub to encode (www.virtualdub.org).
See the tutorials in the Gpcinema forum for more information.

Or you can download movies that are already encoded at places like www.doomportables.com.

The last link www.doomportables.com didnt worked, but i will try to get other movies to work

I really dont know where to start, im thinking of "fix" a .avi movie, how should i do? :blink:

may I suggest browsing through the forums first... just piling in and wanting answers to questions that have already been answered many times will at best annoy the more regular forum users (i.e. the ones most likely to be able to answer your questions...)

gpcinema can be a difficult program to get to grips with as it requires a very specific file format/bitrate (you can't just stick anything on there and expect it to work)

there is a program called virtuadub (maybe virtualdub) that is said to be the best/easiest/cheapest available to encode video files to a type readable by the GP32. google for it, and read the posts in the GPcinema forum...

enjoy your time with the gamepark32, and welcome to the most useful forum on the whole wide interweb :p :) but please use the search function first... (up in the top right-hand corner) because really GPcinema questions have all kinda been answered before... about 50 times... :p ;)

Back