I Am Cancelling (Eventually)

Chairman_Now

OK, we have the devoted fanboys saying that they'll never cancel. Some of them saying that they'll simply write off their pre-order money if need be.

Anyone feel differently? I'm still hanging in - for now. But September 30th is coming, and perhaps, the currency situation will right itself by them :) And then there's headlines like this...

http://armdevices.net/2010/03/10/50-arm-powered-tablets-to-be-released-at-computex/

Leads me to believe that eventually, someone will come up with a facsimile of Pandora. You know, if enough monkeys type away on keyboards, eventually Hamlet get's written. Or something like that.

Anyway: I WILL CANCEL, EVENTUALLY!

I will not wait for the panda no matter how long it takes. Does anyone else agree?

Is this really necesary? We understand. I think most people wouldn't just write off $330 but this is just blatantly negative. I don't want to flame but I think it would be best for the sanity of the devs if we didn't constantly remind them about the line they are skating and how tenuous this whole endeavor is.

Call me a fanboy all you want, but until I see something else with the features I want I will not cancel. If one of those 50 ARM tablets have dual analog nubs, gaming controls, and are built around a community like this one, then sure, I might cancel.

I agree. I canceled my original reply to this thread. But now I cancel my post cancellation. Aren't there enough threads about canceling or not canceling? Besides, if your ported apps need a recompile anyway, what's the big deal if it's ARM? That's just an architecture. What if the Pandora was Atom-based?

On second thought, shouldn't there be a separate sub-forum for ordering information and discussions?

The "I'm never canceling" thread was started to remind EvilDragon et al that there is still a lot of people that believe they can finish this, to not give up hope. It served a worthy purpose beyond "religious fanboying".
While I can appreciate your sentiment, I'm not certain I understand what the point of this thread is. Some people will cancel, we don't really need to know about it, do we?

WizardStan said:
The "I'm never canceling" thread was started to remind EvilDragon et al that there is still a lot of people that believe they can finish this, to not give up hope. It served a worthy purpose beyond "religious fanboying".
While I can appreciate your sentiment, I'm not certain I understand what the point of this thread is. Some people will cancel, we don't really need to know about it, do we?
This was always going to happen, I'm just surprised it took as long as it did.

Most of the pressure put on ED and the team is done by themselves, I don't mean that in a bad way either, I mean it in the sense that they know it's taken long and their trying their hardest to bring us the best device they can, as soon as they can.

It wouldn't surprise me if both threads puts pressure on them. Who would you care about more, people who may cancel but with others taking up their order (and then probably just reordering in the second batch haha), or people who say they'll wait forever, etc. Their the ones you feel under pressure to please.

Although I'm sure it's nice for them to feel appreciated. ED, Team, I appreciate ya.
Which I'm sure everyone here does, even the ones who may have to cancel. Just don't forget that :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
atomicthumbs said:
I will cancel if the heat death of the universe arrives and I still don't have my Pandora.
So I'll be faster than you, I am only waiting for our Sun to burn out and explode.

If you're gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
tuco.jpg

-Tuco Ramirez
"The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"

Attachments

• tuco.jpg
    tuco.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 72
I'm probably going to cancel if Nokia comes out with something similar that is also a cell phone.
I really don't care much about game controls, if the N900 wasn't expensive as hell, I probably would have gotten that ages ago. Also, I want something that's rooted out of the box, I don't know how locked down the N900 is by default or how Nokia feels about the whole situation.

I'm definitely not cancelling my intention to maybe cancel the cancellation of my previous cancellation

i will probably cancel if the 3DS is interesting and release before pandora :)

ahahah said:
i will probably cancel if the 3DS is interesting and release before pandora :)

According to Nintendo it'll be out in Japan 'by March 2011'.

So it could be close :D

pointless thread.Im here for eternity,well maybe,not eternity,....
Cancel-cancel=0=no cancellation=Pandora.

Back