Humble Bundle Android 3 Compat

Wonder if there is some of lunixbochs code in the androidversion of uplink ;)

didn't have much time to try (and don't care alot about android on the pandora)

- Fieldrunner - seems to run without any problems

- Spirits - quits back to the launcher after the loading screen for the first level

- Uplink - not tested as it is available on the Pandora (and will surely suffer as well from the "small" screen size)

- BIT.TRIP BEAT - I have no clue what todo, but seems to run fine

- SpaceChem - couln't test -> tried three times to download it, but install always fails (but 7" Tablet is minimum so it would not be fun anyway)

Rebirth Pandora @ 1GHz

As the Humble Bundle got updated - here is also an update:

- World of Goo - works fine, see

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hHPxE9om3Hc?feature=oembed
- Osmos - works fine

- Anomaly - works fine

- Edge - works fine, but rotates the screen to portrait on start, and does not rotate it back after leaving the game - can the screen be rotated manually?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried it again:

• the game only works in portrait mode by design (the same on a "normal" Tablet), but you get two Versions of Edge (classic and extended), and I only tested the classic Version
  • you can move the cube with the dpad - so using the touchscreen seems only required inside the games menu

Could you test SpaceChem ?

I downloaded it via the humble bundle app on my android tablet without a problem. But the direct download on the sd-card does not work (installing all other games on the Pandora this way works though), I already tried it five times.

Runs smooth at 900 MHz (and using the dpad to control the cube is far better than using the touchscreen)

How do you get the dpad to control the cube ? For me only touch works...
Can't recall doing anything special or setting anything up beforehand, it just worked. What version are you using ? According to the Android Market description, they used another engine in the extended version - maybe the new engine does not support keys anymore. But if you are using the classic version - I have not the faintest slight of a clue

I just installed both versions(normal and extended) using my 1gigger, once I changed the control settings in the options menu, they both work great (just in portrait mode, but the controls are mapped appropriately)

I correct my previous statement. Edge works actually with the controls, but strangely enough the controls do not work to operate the menus...

What is the difference between the extended version and classic version, by the way ?

One problem I found with Osmos - when I completed the first stage, it instructed me to perform a two-finger tap on the screen to continue. Perhaps that Gamekeyboard app might be helpful there.

Ed already pointed that out here:

Okay, bought it and tried the games on the Pandora:

Anomaly HD: seemed to work (didn't play much)

Bit.Trip: Works... but I don't like the touchcontrols, somehow I always manages to access the in-game menu while playing

Edge: Works fine, but same here: Lost interest after a while :)

Fieldrunners: Didn't install. Either I need the second storage (haven't tried that yet) to install or it doesn't like the screen size.

SpaceChem: Forgot to download that, need to do that later.

Spirits: Crashes

Uplink: Complains about a too small screen

World of Goo: Runs perfectly

Osmos HD: Works perfectly, however, you can't zoom (missing multitouch). Played through the first 20 levels and had no issues, as the autozoom is working fine. When you finish a level, you have to go back to the menu to start the next level (as it uses a two-finger tap to advance to the next level). No biggie, that's just three clicks :)

So, if you don't have Osmos and World of Goo on your Pandora yet, it's recommendable. Especially as you get these and more games on your PC as well :)

Back