How We All Wished There Was Sdio Support

The drivers and source to make the drivers are very expensive. Unless we quit giving devs money and start building a collective pool for just a few user's delight (yeah right), then I don't think it will happen. If it does, it'll happen because someone worked backwards from the end product, not because they coded a source to work on the GP2X.

I think you can safely say that most SDIO things will only work on PocketPC's, as that is all the manufacturers seem to care about when writing drivers for them. Some of the Wifi cards work on other devices, but not many.

For example, the Zodiac was dual-SD friendly (you could use 2xSD cards, or 1xSD and 1xSDIO) and fully SDIO from the start, but the only SDIO card it supported was a single Wifi card that is difficult to get now.

One thing to remember: SDIO is only another bus - it's a way of transferring data to and from another device. What data is transferred has nothing to do with SDIO - it can be (and normally is) different for every single device. There are some device classes you can buy/use so you are compatible (and thus you only need to get a driver for that class), but not every manufacturer uses them.

The drivers and source to make the drivers are very expensive. Unless we quit giving devs money and start building a collective pool for just a few user's delight (yeah right), then I don't think it will happen.

Yeah, I don't think we're going to be able to afford an SDIO development license by pooling money. Think tens of thousands of $$ (most probably).

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe me, there would be nothing better than turning the GP2X into a digital camera/camcorder. But it's just not in the cards now. Or probably ever. And it's not like once you buy and work the drivers for one I/O device you have them all, each different device has a different signature, a different way it transfers and recieves data. So, will it be 1/6 a t.v. anteena, 1/14 a camera, or 1/20 bluetooth?

Back