How to rebuild ROMs to PanMAME using CrlMAMEPro

You can disable those in the .advmenu.rc file.
What do I change in there for a silent menu? I edited various references to mp3s and loops but it just made different noises!

Or just start PanMAME and press esc. Then select Volume and set to silence.

Or just start PanMAME and press esc. Then select Volume and set to silence.
But if you do that it affects the volume of any game you launch, so games will be silent too, so you then have to increase the volume in the game and when you exit the game you get the looping muzak back again.

I don't mind the Duke samples, I would like to kill the constant looped music though.

In this case it should be sufficient to remove all the paths to the mp3 dir in the configfile.

I can't test it right now, sorry, don't have my Pandora at hand.

I did that but a range of different sounds played instead (sounded like flames sound fx from Duke Nukem).

If you delete the bgmusic.mp3 file in the appdata/panmame/mp3 directory it returns, so I deleted it and created a blank text file with that name (bgmusic.mp3) in it's place - that works!

It finds the expected filename, doesn't recreate the music, and you still get Duke's voice. :)

Ok, good that this worked.
I forgot that if you delete the mp3, some standard sound is played.

If you delete the default mp3 it actually gets replaced at startup every time! You have to give it something with the same filename to prevent that.

Back