How To Put A Movie On The Gp32?

xSilv3Rx

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hey, I looked over the first two pages but didn't see anything that sounded like a complete tutorial of how to put a movie onto the GP32. I've got a couple movies that are in .avi format right now, but they are all around 800mb's. Is there any site that has a good tutorial of what to do to get them to a small size, and then how to go about getting it onto the GP32 and running?

Thanks for any help :)

Apparently, no one knows that the latest version of VirtualDub (the 1.5.10 one) is the best. ;)

The final filesize is not bigger in the 1.5.10 one using Divx 4.12 codec, just divide the video bitrate by 2, for example put 128 kb/s instead of 256 kb/s (256 kb/s was in 1.4.7 version) for the same quality, and you'll also be able to adjust the fps feature. ;)

In fact, it was all the old versions (<1.4.8) that were wrong about video bitrate because if you put 256 kb/s as the video bitrate in the 1.4.7 one, it was written 128 kb/s in GP Cinema, so it's the 1.5.10 version that is right.

So divide the video bitrate by 2 in the 1.5.10 version for the same quality (256 kb/s for the video bitrate in the 1.4.7 version = 128 kb/s in the 1.5.10, understood? :D). ;)

Here are my 2-pass settings (the best according to me) for Divx 4.12 in VirtualDub 1.5.10. ;)

Alright thanks for the info, I'll give it a try.

Drumaster, is your website with the pwads you made back up yet? :)

To use your settings Drumaster do I just open my .avi, goto the bottom of File and click Load Settings (or whatever it's called), and then save the movie. Then when that's done open the new one, Load Settings for 2nd pass, and save the movie again? If so, that'd make it pretty simple :)

1) Just open your avi
2) Load the 1st pass settings
3) Adjust the resolution filter, the fps settings et video bitrate as you wish.
4) "Save as AVI" and don't forget to use "Don't run this job now..."
5) Make the same thing for the 2nd pass but for the sound

That's all, and you'll have the best quality you could have. ;)

That's pretty much what you have to do with his setting file, yes ;) I know that in 1.5.7 (or whatever I used to have) you only had to load the profile once everytime you started virtualdub and it would apply the settings to all the video files you opened after that, so try that otherwise you might have to load the settings everytime but I know you didn't have to with older versions....

Drumaster posted on Sep 3 2004 at 06:46 AM said:
1) Just open your avi

Alright sounds good. The only thing I dont know about is "Dont run this job now...", whats that do? Is that just stopping it from automatically starting?

Also, on the 2nd pass, what do I have to change for the sound?

Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooka posted on Sep 3 2004 at 06:46 AM said:
That's pretty much what you have to do with his setting file, yes ;) I know that in 1.5.7 (or whatever I used to have) you only had to load the profile once everytime you started virtualdub and it would apply the settings to all the video files you opened after that, so try that otherwise you might have to load the settings everytime but I know you didn't have to with older versions....
That's exactly what I meant. ;)
You only have to load once each pass and you'll be able to use every movie with these settings. No need to reload settings again.
And take the 1.5.10 version of VirtualDub (the last one), I can assure you it's the best one. ;)
If you want to load only one pass, it's up to you but the video quality and size will be less optimized. ;)
And it takes only 2 seconds to load 2 pass. :)

xSilv3Rx posted on Sep 3 2004 at 07:04 AM said:
Drumaster posted on Sep 3 2004 at 06:46 AM said:
1) Just open your avi

Alright sounds good. The only thing I dont know about is "Dont run this job now...", whats that do? Is that just stopping it from automatically starting?

Also, on the 2nd pass, what do I have to change for the sound?

Thanks! :)
"Don't run this job now" is used not to run the first pass alone because the 2 pass have to be run together, that's all. ;)

When you saved the 2 pass, push F4 and "Start" and wait for your compressed movie! :)

To change sound settings, load the 2nd pass after having saved the first one and go in "Audio" > "Compression" to change the audio bitrate. ;)

Go also in "Audio" > "Volume", it can be very useful because many movies are not very loud on the GP32. :)

Drumaster helped me step by step over MSN, so now I can make movies for my GP32 :D Thanks Drumaster, I appriciate you helping a noob like me out, hehe ;)

Back