How to disable ctrl-F8 shortcut?

cosurgi

http://janek.kozicki.pl/
Website
janek.kozicki.pl
Hi,

so I was working in vim, and I pressed ctrl-F8 to close :grep output window. And suddenly my workspace changed to "workspace 8" !

I went mad and opened `window manager` settings. I found keyboard shortcuts including those responsible for changing workspaces. So it is here. I want to clear this setting, but it is impossible. I can click on "clear" button like crazy and nothing happens. I need your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, can't reproduce the problem. Ctrl-F1 through Ctrl-F12 does nothing of the sort. Ctrl-Alt-F1 through Ctrl-Alt-F12 does nothing. Ctrl-shift-... you get the idea.

My keyboard shortcuts says the same thing and I likewise can't get it to clear, but it doesn't do this switching for me. How did you get it to work in the first place?

edit: ok, weird. In an attempt to help find a workaround even though I didn't have a problem, I set the shortcut to ctrl-alt-1. Suddenly Ctrl-F2 started switching me to the second workspace, and ctrl-alt-1 bumps me back to first workspace. It wasn't working before, but simply updating one seems to have made it start working.

Anywho, here's the workaround: you can't clear it, so just set it to something you know you won't ever hit unintentionally. ctrl-alt-1, or ctrl-shift-Q, or whatever. Anything. Hitting "clear" just resets it to default. It should really be called "default", not "clear".

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for trying this. So now there's some use for those Yen & Pound symbols... With Ctrl-Alt. But this will free only two workspace shortcuts. That's crazy - I want to delete them all... :(

Back