How To Add Folders To Caanoo Menu

PIEMMEWEB

Still Fresh
Hi, I'm new here and hope to share with you all info regarding caanoo console.

I'd like to add folders to Caanoo menu but don't know how to do it. As example, I'd like to have "Emulators" link (with Emulators folder) between Games and Apps, is it possible? Anybody know how to do it?

Thanks!

Piemmeweb said:

I'd like to add folders to Caanoo menu but don't know how to do it. As example, I'd like to have "Emulators" link (with Emulators folder) between Games and Apps, is it possible? Anybody know how to do it?

Thanks!

Try making different folders and exploring them with the explorer option from the main menu, or maybe using gmenu2x.

Last edited by a moderator:
Com64 said:
Piemmeweb said:

Thanks!

Try making different folders and exploring them with the explorer option from the main menu, or maybe using gmenu2x.

Well, I installed gmenu2x but all apps turn back to the original front end when terminated. Then I modified autorun.gpu , now all works around gmenu2x but experiencing problems when try to enter in the original config menu. It doesn't works. I need the wireless submenu only because I don't know how activate wifi under gmenu2x.
Is there a solution to start wireless connection under gmenu2x or automatically when insert the wifi dongle?

Also I'd like to use embedded mediaplayer because the mplayer found on openhandheld choppy.

Suggestions?

Piemmeweb said:
Com64 said:
Piemmeweb said:

Thanks!

Well, I installed gmenu2x but all apps turn back to the original front end when terminated. Then I modified autorun.gpu , now all works around gmenu2x but experiencing problems when try to enter in the original config menu. It doesn't works. I need the wireless submenu only because I don't know how activate wifi under gmenu2x.
Is there a solution to start wireless connection under gmenu2x or automatically when insert the wifi dongle?

Also I'd like to use embedded mediaplayer because the mplayer found on openhandheld choppy.

Suggestions?

I haven't used gmenu2x in quite a while, but try checking the documentation for it.
Actually, try creating gpe files like this, I think this might work:
#!/bin/sh
./PaperWars.can
cd /mnt/sd/apps/gmenu2x/
./gmenu2x

Instead of this:
#!/bin/sh
./PaperWars.can
cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

As you can see, gmenu2x would be initiated on program termination instead of gp2xmenu, the main menu stored in the internal memory.

Well, as for the wireless, I always just used a shell script, which I put in the APPS folder, to initiate the wireless connection. I haven't used my wireless dongle for a while, and can't locate the script I used, but it's probably in the forum somewhere.

Yeah, it can be choppy sometimes. I've had to scale down lots of my videos to 320:240 with mencoder, then transcode them to XVID with avidemux. I don't really know if the internal video player is part of the gp2xmenu executable or separate, but I could find out by connecting to the Caanoo via SSH.

I think there was a way to bypass the autorun, like holding one button (not R, that's to upgrade firmware iirc) on bootup, but I may be thinking about another system or a flashcart.

You could also create a gpe file like this and run it in gmenu2x:
cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

It should return you to the main menu if you are having trouble returning via other means.

Back