How Many 'failed Consoles' Did You Go Along With?

Alex. posted on Feb 8 2006 at 09:48 PM said:
BRICK_GAME.jpg

- Alex
This is actually a very sucessfull system, it still gets produced and millions of people bought it.

Last edited by a moderator:
trooper posted on Feb 8 2006 at 12:28 AM said:
S.A.M Coupé.

samco.jpg

Trooper

Hurrah! Another SAM fan :)

I've still got two of those..!

Was very into them - supported the company to the very end, including visiting the HQ quite a few times, and getting in with Alan Miles, Bruce Gordon and co..!

Oh! The nostalgia!

Fishbong posted on Feb 9 2006 at 02:57 PM said:
Alex. posted on Feb 8 2006 at 09:48 PM said:
BRICK_GAME.jpg

- Alex
This is actually a very sucessfull system, it still gets produced and millions of people bought it.
I agree, and when it comes right down to it you get more than what you pay for, they're simple fun games after all :) I wish mine would still work, but its battery connectors are all rusty (orange-brown).

Sega Genesis. Just bought it, and though it was Sega's best success, considering Sega's state of existence now, perhaps it should be in this category ;)

You know, concerning Microsoft's usual modus operandi, the X-Box is a complete and total failure. Why? MS still has competition on the console market. :p

Jarska333 posted on Feb 10 2006 at 02:32 PM said:
You know, concerning Microsoft's usual modus operandi, the X-Box is a complete and total failure. Why? MS still has competition on the console market. :p
Well, that and they lost about $4 billion on it.

A Philips G7000

http://www.videopac.org/G7000/

No one ever came round my house to play on this one

I even got the computer programing cart, for all the good it was.

Next up was the Vic 20 followed by the C64 (with add on disk drive),still no mates beating a path to my door.

I dont consider the dreamcast a failed console, but what ever.

It sold over 4 million, it has many games. Therefore, it didn't fail.

How exactly was the C64 a commercial failure?

I only got ten quid for it on a boot fair, I paid way more than that, therefore it was a commercial failure, for me at least.

Plus if it was such a sucess where is the Commodore 128 ?

(my apologies if there was a commodore 128 or 256 or if they changed their name from commodore to Microsoft and are in fact a massive sucess but that is as much research as I want to do)

Last Commodore 64 is pushed off the assembly line

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commodore goes bankrupt and the Commodore 65 prototypes and documentation are auctioned off as part of the liquidation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jislizard posted on Feb 12 2006 at 05:10 AM said:

I only got ten quid for it on a boot fair, I paid way more than that, therefore it was a commercial failure, for me at least.

(my apologies if there was a commodore 128 or 256 or if they changed their name from commodore to Microsoft and are in fact a massive sucess but that is as much research as I want to do)
There was a Commodore 128 IIRC, but that's not the real C64 successor. That would be the Amiga. And that was also pretty successful. Commodore made a ton of bad business decisions after that, though. Also, the C64 was in production for near 10 years. There are very few consoles or computers that had that kind of lifespan. They sold over 30 million C64s, making it the best selling computer of all time. I have no idea where you get that it's a commercial failure from all this.

jislizard posted on Feb 12 2006 at 01:10 PM said:

Last Commodore 64 is pushed off the assembly line

Commodore goes bankrupt and the Commodore 65 prototypes and documentation are auctioned off as part of the liquidation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_64

A bit of C64 info.

Trooper

jislizard posted on Feb 12 2006 at 07:10 AM said:

What kind of logic is that exactly?

Hmm, this car isn't worth what I paid for it ten years ago - it must be a commercial failure!

Back