How good is the official pandora case?

I'll add my opinion here in case Link has not answered your questions (and also for people who find this thread at a later date by searching).

In short, it is very snug. It's almost impossible to put the Pandora in it without the L and R buttons being depressed, and tbh the first time I tried to put the Pandora in it it was quite a struggle. That said, I don't see it doing any damage to the Pandora, and serves its purpose well. I can fit several SD Cards, some small USB drives and a slim USB hub in there with the Pandora at a squeeze.

As for quality of construction, I can't really comment as it is generally quite subjective, but I will note two things: 1. The edges of the holes found on the plastic sleeves for holding the SD Cards is a little rough, and those sleeves themselves are very loose. Doesn't really bother me, but it could be irritating to some people. 2. The tags on the zips are stitched with a fluorescent yellow thread. It's just cosmetic, but I was surprised by it the first time I saw it.

All in all, I have no problems using the Pandora Case for most things (mostly it is in another, larger bag with my University stuff).

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a large GPS case for a local office supply shop here in oz it was $7 and is the perfect size for my panora no movement at all hard outer case to protect also has room for sd cards and anything else you want

I'll vouch for the official soft case. Very nice design IMO, and I wear it every day on my belt.

Mine was a tight fit until about a week of use and now it's pretty much perfect. There's three SD card pouches, loose if you put a bare SD card in there but nice and snug if your SD card has a case (many of the bigger-volume cards do). You can see just how the Pandora fits in there by the corners of the case squeezing against it. If that bothers you it's something to consider. One trick I did while it was still tight was to have the case mostly closed except for one of the short sides, then insert the Pandora into the 'slot'. Zipping the case was pretty smooth in this fashion. And I haven't had any problems personally with the L/R buttons being depressed while in the case, though I would imagine I bump it and press them all the time. :rolleyes:

I'm using a worn plastic bag strengthened by duct tape, much better for me. And also it looks disgusting, which I like as theft protection.

img_3063.jpg

it protects from rain and fits in my pants pocket, which is most important.

There is no case that would fit in my trouser lappockets, we have been searching in some other forum thread. They are all too big and have too thick walls.

EDIT: found it -

I'm using a worn plastic bag strengthened by duct tape, much better for me. And also it looks disgusting, which I like as theft protection.

{images}

it protects from rain and fits in my pants pocket, which is most important.

There is no case that would fit in my trouser lappockets, we have been searching in some other forum thread. They are all too big and have too thick walls.

EDIT: found it -
Not very stylish though?

Cosurgi,

What happens with moisture once that bag breaks? Moisture in, gets stuck there, body heat causes it to transpire more... I don't see that as very safe considering the Pandora's fragility, but yes, no maybe about it, I'm paranoid.

Cosurgi,

What happens with moisture once that bag breaks? Moisture in, gets stuck there, body heat causes it to transpire more... I don't see that as very safe considering the Pandora's fragility, but yes, no maybe about it, I'm paranoid.

Hmm... I will quickly notice that for sure, I'm pulling pandora out pretty often.

But that's true: a professional "skin"-tight leather waterproof bag would be much better.

And also would look stylish ;)

I've tried quite a few, but the 3DS cases seem to be the better ones. The one linked below is my current favorite. It has room for small headset/extra battery in the back. The back also has room for SD cards. Since the Pandora is a bit larger there isn't much room in the front. However, it fits snug and I'm not afraid of it getting damaged.

Product:http://www.powera.com/products/details/748

Target Store Link:http://www.target.com/Nintendo-3DS-Mini-Transporter-Black/dp/B004J15I8K/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton

I've tried quite a few, but the 3DS cases seem to be the better ones. The one linked below is my current favorite. It has room for small headset/extra battery in the back. The back also has room for SD cards. Since the Pandora is a bit larger there isn't much room in the front. However, it fits snug and I'm not afraid of it getting damaged.

Product:http://www.powera.com/products/details/748

Target Store Link:http://www.target.com/Nintendo-3DS-Mini-Transporter-Black/dp/B004J15I8K/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton

definitely too big. I mean a really skin-tight case. Yeah, like condon, but leather & stylish.

Back