How do you know what Mhz you GP is running at?

Goemon

Still Fresh
Ok,

I was interested in getting GP cinema but I'm reading that you have to have different clock speeds to get different results.

How do you know what clock speed your GP32 is and how do you change it?

It is configured by the software that you are running, more often than not there is no way to find out what speed it is running at

What, so when you run software...example GP cinema you can set the clock speed?

I think the speed of gp cinema is defined by the fps of the video file

Most software doesn't allow you to change the clockspeed, the only one that I know of is gpengine

One can always check values from MPLLCON, UPLLCON and CLKDIVN registers and calculate the current MHz in that way.

i think it was the R button

u set your clock speed before running the video, cycle through the different speeds with R, i've been able to play 12fps videos at 100, it was almost able to play 15fps (odd glitches but not to many), i dunno if thats because they were low bitrate movies so could handle it better, i haven't used it much

Yeah - basically, you dont know what speed something is running at unless the author puts a way for you to see in the software. GPcinema displays the speed in the bottom right corner.

Just to clarify YES, it doesnt matter what version of Gp32 you have(well theres only 1 version but u get my drift) you can set the clkockspeed up to atleast 133mhz with gpcinema ,and u probably dont want to go any higher than that

Back