How do I upgrade the Firmware

Mikel70

Still Fresh
Just curious about something. I've read the kudos bestowed onto Mr. Spiv for his firmware upgrade and am curious how I can go about upgrading my GP32. Also, is it possible to "reverse-upgrade" back to it's original settings?

You need to download 2 things - the fw.bin for the firmware you want to upgrade, and the fw.fxe to upgrade it. Where you'll find the ;latter, I'm not absolutely sure - try Darkfader's site, I think its where I got it from. The firmware, assuming you're upgrading to mr_spiv's one (no reason not to, unless you're a developer, in which case you MIGHT want to upgrade to one with a few exception handlers etc) can be found at his page (deadcodersociety.tk or similar) under the title "Multifw.zip". Leave the fw.bin in the root directory of the GP32 (i.e. gp:), and put the fw.fxe in GPMM. Now - either get some brand new batteries or use an AC adapter, because if your GP32 dies in the middle of writing a FW, you're metaphorically screwed - you have to send it back to Gamepark for them to fix it. Anyway, run fw.fxe from the freeloader (it'd probably work without the freeloader if you happened already to have Pacrom, but then you wouldn't be asking the question, would you :p ), and follow onscreen instruction... and pray to whatever deity you pray to that nothing goes wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back