How Do I Convert Iso/mp3 To Bin/cue?

Blue Protoman

So I've got some Turbo CD games, but they're in ISO/MP3 format, which apparently doesn't work with Mednafen. I hear that BIN/CUE does, though. Most games have two .ISO files, all have many .MP3 files. Does anyone know how I can convert these ISO/MP3 files into BIN/CUE?

Honestly, it would probably be quicker to re-rip your disc using this command;

Code:
cdrdao read-cd --read-raw --datafile NameOfFile.bin --device ATAPI:0,0,0 --driver generic-mmc-raw SameNameAsFile.cue

If this doesn't work, change "--device ATAPI:0,0,0" to either --device /dev/cdrom or --device ATAPI:1,2,0 and one of them will do the trick.

I can verify this works, as this is the method I used on my Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman 3 - Ikai no Princess disc (currently the only CD-ROM2 title I have, although I'm sure this will work for all others, too).

If I had a USB CD drive would it be possible to use the Pandora with this command?

Massive said:
If I had a USB CD drive would it be possible to use the Pandora with this command?
Assuming cdrdao is available (I haven't checked to see if it is, as I don't have a USB CD drive myself), then as far as I know, yes, it should work. You'd probably have to put in --device /dev/cdrom where appropriate, at a guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
clearly the easiest thing would be to re-rip the data or if you are having "trouble reading the original" (because this is your backup obviously) write what you have back to a disk and then re-rip?

Damn, as good of a solution that is, it still sounds hilarious to me-

Alcohol 120%- Hey, look windows, a shiny new disk drive! And it's got something in it!
Windows- Oh cool, let me set that up for you. There.
Windows- Hey, Nero, the user needs you!
Alcohol 120%- Wait, what?
Nero- Sure! I'll start copying this legitimate data from this legitimate disc drive! I'll turn it into a Bin file, just you wait and see! Yay!
Alcohol 120%- Wait a minute! How the hell am I supposed to pipe all of this data about?
Windows- What's that Alcohol?
Alcohol 120%- Nothing. *Grunt*
HDD- Guys, I'm getting pretty hot over here.
HDD- Guys?
HDD- DAMNIT! WHY WON'T ANYONE TALK TO ME?!

And so on.

this thread :lol:

regardless of what your original source, it's probably easiest to go back to it to get the bin/cue rather than converting the iso/mp3

I do hope that is a suitably more general form of the advice Prometheus gave

Back