how close to done is batch one?

b1llygo4t

ive been waiting forever for this thing and i wanna make sure i wasn't forgoten. batch one isn't all sent out is it?

No, there are still some hundereds of units to be delivered, as they have to sell some units to fulfill old preorders.

I don't think you were forgotten, it just takes some time. But the other possibility would have been to file bancrupcy, what doesn't help anyone.

You can also get a refund or upgrade your order to get it faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, you can always get an 1ghz unit instead, i couldnt stand the wait anymore, so i changed my order to an 1ghz unit instead, and am now a happy owner of a pandora.

What he didn't say is, that a GHz Pandora costs $699 and you would need to pay the difference to your original order. ;)

You can also pay the difference to the current price of a normal Pandora and get it faster while helping OPT not make a loss on your unit and speeding up delivery to other first batchers.

ive been waiting forever for this thing and i wanna make sure i wasn't forgoten. batch one isn't all sent out is it?

The "current status" page was updated a few days ago. There are ~600 batch one pre-orders left to fulfill.

The speed that the pre-orders are fulfilled depends on how fast new units are purchased. However, the way things are going currently, 150 units/week are produced, and about 1/3 of these units goes to batch one pre-orders. So, if things continue at ~50 batch one pre-orders/week, then all of them will hopefully be fulfilled in ~12 weeks.

But it all depends on how well new sales keep up.

This number changes all of the time. Progress is being made every week.

The current status page lists ~600 units left for both batch 1 and 2 (before the Rebirth production). Does anyone know how many are left in batch 1 alone?

I think it's more than 600. I said under 1000 recently and I'd not like to change that until we do another count in September (to take in to account the 1Ghz upgrades).

Because of returns (ie units which develop faults) the number jumps about. On a bad month there can be 20 returns.

The "current status" page was updated a few days ago. There are ~600 batch one pre-orders left to fulfill.

The speed that the pre-orders are fulfilled depends on how fast new units are purchased. However, the way things are going currently, 150 units/week are produced, and about 1/3 of these units goes to batch one pre-orders. So, if things continue at ~50 batch one pre-orders/week, then all of them will hopefully be fulfilled in ~12 weeks.

I think the 150 units is fairly wrong as that is the amount that could be produced, but they are now limited by their cashflow and the needs to sell new pandora to fund older preorder.. it seems it's much lower than 50 old preorder a week at least...

You can also pay the difference to the current price of a normal Pandora and get it faster while helping OPT not make a loss on your unit and speeding up delivery to other first batchers.
That right there is a good plan you get a slightly better Pandora , help others in the same predicament AND you put more money in their pockets which means future devices could be cheaper COUGH hint COUGH yet still just as cutting edge for their time ( although when the p2 or the product 3 whichever is the true name to what I'm pet naming pandora 2 comes out I'll wait 2.5 years into its life span before it comes time for me to cough up the $€£¥ to what realistically is probably several hundred dollars more than the current Pandora ) that was long eh ? :)

I think the 150 units is fairly wrong as that is the amount that could be produced, but they are now limited by their cashflow and the needs to sell new pandora to fund older preorder.. it seems it's much lower than 50 old preorder a week at least...

As I asked in another thread but didn't get an answer to: If the Pandoras are in stock now and upgrading your old pre order helps OPT immensely to clear the queue, how come there is an upgraded Pandora queue?

I believe more people might be inclined to upgrade if instant gratification was offered instead of exchanging one unknown for another unkown.

Back