HOMEBREW SUBMISSION/VOTING THREAD

Which is your favourite?

• Total voters

Also do you hate? Humble Indie bundle? I looked at some those games and they seemed awesome :)

Was thinking of buying it..

Nah I love it, I have all three of them.

The games are really good, and they open-sourced many of them after taking how many millions with the bundles. :) Hence, the Gish for Pandora port (and maybe an Aquaria for Pandora port is coming soon?).

In case someone was living under a rock for years, and didn't see these great bundles: http://www.humblebundle.com/ http://www.wolfire.com/humble

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a nicer version of that incendiary AAA page, being the Amazing Amateurs' Archive. It attempts not to contain offensive language nor sarcasm, but there is some tom-foolery about cash remaining. It also has an honest sales count!

I made a new PC Linux release of Rescue. The frame rate is limited to 60fps (by sleeping), it makes stronger attempts at VSYNC, and the keys are configured in a file keys.txt. It's clear enough how to edit that. The hero no longer wanders around by himself (did some center of gravity calculation), but on the other hand the rocks are inclined to roll about a bit more than before! I changed the blend function to a simple additive blend, looks nice I reckon.

These little improvements come with a price, however. The Wumpus and Grue can now make grumpy sounds, attempting to frighten you, and they are a bit more jumpy, so watch out. The girls are a bit more jumpy too, so it's a little easier to lead them out.

There are no running / climbing / jumping animations yet.

I haven't updated the PND yet, there wasn't so much wrong with the Pandora version.

Please try it, and let me know if this release fixes any framerate problems, or not. I didn't attempt to figure out why it might SEGV, it wasn't doing that for me.

Oh btw, small update for Greyout has been released:

This is a bugfix update, no new content has been added.

• Changes to level "All Alone?"
  • Made levels "The Tower" and "Greyout" easier (by popular demand http://boards.openpandora.org/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png' alt=':p'> )
  • Made level "Train Ride" harder
  • Small fixes to collision detection and level selection screen
Get it here: http://repo.openpand...ail&app=greyout (updated Win and Lin builds also linked there)

foxblock out

Did glXSwapIntervalSGI(1) not work?

Although it's defined in GL/glxext.h, I wasn't able to link that symbol on my Ubuntu 10.10 box, nor find a package / library containing it. I think it might be deprecated or something, or else an Ubuntu bug wouldn't surprise me at all. Anyway, it appears I can't use it if I want my program to load on Ubuntu.

Did glXSwapIntervalSGI(1) not work?

Although it's defined in GL/glxext.h, I wasn't able to link that symbol on my Ubuntu 10.10 box, nor find a package / library containing it. I think it might be deprecated or something, or else an Ubuntu bug wouldn't surprise me at all. Anyway, it appears I can't use it if I want my program to load on Ubuntu.
Probably not a bug, it's an extension, so if GLX_SGI_swap_control isn't in the string returned by glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS) then it's not supported (by the driver/card). Problem with this stuff is it's platform specific so it can't really be part of the OpenGL API. However I would have hoped someone would have created a nice library by now.

[EDIT] BTW because it's and extension you need to use an OpenGL extensions library wrapper (GLEE etc) or call glXGetProcAddress (linux) to get the function pointer. Oh, and if it's MESA drivers then it's "GLX_MESA_swap_control" and "glXSwapIntervalMESA" for the extension string and function name.

This can be unstickied now if you like - all the games are on the App stores and a new contest is underway.

Well Gruso appears to be the only mod and he is absent and EvilDragon has better things to do in my eyes.

BUT I think we need 1-2 additional mods anyway!

Well Gruso appears to be the only mod and he is absent and EvilDragon has better things to do in my eyes.

BUT I think we need 1-2 additional mods anyway!
On that note, you seem to be around here pretty often, well informed and mostly impartial and fair, would you be interested in ... being a mod?

Recognise those words? :p

Can the contestants compile these awsome games for the other handhelds? I'm sure there's others like me that haven't recieved their Pandora's yet would love to try these out.

And thank you Ziz for the Wiz/Caanoo builds, it's a nice challenging game, very enjoyable!

Can the contestants compile these awsome games for the other handhelds? I'm sure there's others like me that haven't recieved their Pandora's yet would love to try these out.

And thank you Ziz for the Wiz/Caanoo builds, it's a nice challenging game, very enjoyable!

Greyout is already available for the GP2x (might work in Ginge, dunno, try it out), but it is more of a dirty port than anything. Feel free to try it and report anything back to me.

Wiz, DINGOO and CAANOO ports should be possible, too, but I have not had time to install the respective SDKs yet (yeah that probably is the only thing holding that back atm: my laziness).

^ Is there Qt on those handhelds and how fast are they compared to Pandora?
Caanoo has Qt 4.7.1, sadly it was tried on the Wiz but was unsuccesfull to my knowledge.

Both units are capable of running at 750 mhz at least.

Oh, Dingoo has Qt as well.

Back