Hmm I Wonder?

beanfarmer

Website
Visit site
could u put a psp screen into a gp2x?

i know this would require a case mod as the 2x hasnt got enuff room but in thorey would it work?

i have no idea about this kind of thing,

i asked because you can get psp screens on divineo.net

would be cool to have a 4.3" - 480 x 272 TFT LCD screen

but on the other hand the psp screen does have that strange blur to it lol

Yeah and just put your dreamcast processor in there too and you will have awesome graphics!

You would totally have to destroy the case and then on top of it what apps are going to be made to support the one person with a psp screen in his gp2x? This is just totally irrational and pointless.

reallynotnick posted on Dec 31 2005 at 09:10 PM said:
Yeah and just put your dreamcast processor in there too and you will have awesome graphics!

You would totally have to destroy the case and then on top of it what apps are going to be made to support the one person with a psp screen in his gp2x? This is just totally irrational and pointless.

SHUT UP DUDE !! do you always have to be negative?? It was just a question.

Did you know that there is a thread about sombody thinking they can put there dreamcast processor in their gp2x? I think it's in LOL files now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok ok, I am sorry. But really it is just not rational at all to put a psp screen in a gp2x, first because of size and second of all you would be the only person with a psp screen in your gp2x and all the programs would run at 320x240.

Also I was making a joke on the dreamcast processor thread, they both are just extremely.... well out there.

At most I would just look for a screen with the same size and pixels that was just brighter and had better contrast, but even then look what happened to the BLU+

Lastly how many of my posts have been negative? I think of myself as a pretty positive within rationality.

Unfortunately, the controllers for the two LCD screens are different; it would require a fair bit of swizzling and effort to get it working on the bigger screen. Most embedded LCD screens do not follow the same standards for controllers, voltage, etc, which is very bothersome (and where the BLU+ style debacles come from).

I'd be pretty sure the resolution difference would also be a problem, unless you implemented some kind of fast hardware "zoom" to refit to the larger screen and aspect ratio, or rebuilt old code to take advantage of the new resolution (which is probably pretty difficult).

Fitting the screen into the case is the least of the concerns. It would be nice to plug a larger screen in, but the technical vagaries of embedded LCD screens forbid it.

Unfortunately, the controllers for the two LCD screens are different; it would require a fair bit of swizzling and effort to get it working on the bigger screen. Most embedded LCD screens do not follow the same standards for controllers, voltage, etc, which is very bothersome (and where the BLU+ style debacles come from).

I'd be pretty sure the resolution difference would also be a problem, unless you implemented some kind of fast hardware "zoom" to refit to the larger screen and aspect ratio, or rebuilt old code to take advantage of the new resolution (which is probably pretty difficult).

Fitting the screen into the case is the least of the concerns. It would be nice to plug a larger screen in, but the technical vagaries of embedded LCD screens forbid it.

thanks man that was the kind of answer i wanted

Last edited by a moderator:
Back