Hire To Unbrick!

banjeed

Just a shot on the dark, I'm one of the idiots who tried upgrading the firmware (from GPH) on their gp2x a year ago after using a mac to load the files onto the SD card. The details are hazy now, but I remember it stuck on a holding screen for about 5 hours (I'd left the house and came back) so I unplugged it and it would no longer boot. Nothing shows on the screen, nadda zip zilch. I also vaguely remember this meaning really bad stuff like my uboot was trashed or something like that and I needed to reflash it using a parallel port (jtag was a word I remember from the guide). The thing is, my home computer is still that mac (no parallel port) and my only pc is a laptop (also no parallel port). I'm willing to send my gp2x to someone here who knows how to fix it and pay them accordingly. Hell, I'll even send you the dock I bought with it so you can access all the fancy ports you need. Any interest? If so, please shoot me a PM. I don't regularly check the gp2x boards anymore, but the PMs go to my phone. Thanks everyone. And I also aplogize if I'm posting in the wrong place/don't understand the etiquette. I'm used to the Pandora forums now.

Whoops! should note that I'm in NY, USA. The closer the better, but I'd rather stick with USA if possible.

banjeed said:
Whoops! should note that I'm in NY, USA. The closer the better, but I'd rather stick with USA if possible.

I'll do it for free if you just pay the shipping.. I am in Maine and will PM you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Senor Quack said:
I'll do it for free if you just pay the shipping.. I am in Maine and will PM you.

Cheers to you for helping banjeed! I love it when people are that friendly and helpful :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back