Hi all I'm new

kotd

Website
Visit site
Hey just got a GP32 and am a newbie with it. I understand emulation and all the stuff so not a complete newbie lol. ANyway I was wondering what this overclocking with the GP32 is? whats the normal speed and is it safe to overclock? Also I really want to play mega drive games is Genemu the only one available? Also and helpful links to websites etc feel free to email me at xmegatronx2003@yahoo.com.au

Welcome to the community!!! Hope you enjoy your GP, i love mine. Overclocking is when your GP runs faster than its designed to. I can't remember the normal speed, but 156 and 166+mhz is considered overclocking. So far I don't think anybody has had a problem with overclocking but there are programs out there that warn that overclocking can damage your gp and to use the program at your own risk. :)

My advice to you is to search the forums on this site for your answers. I know for a fact that all the questions you ask have been answered many times already.

It's important to search before posting and some might get irritated if you do not.

That being said, welcome to the community and have fun!! :D

GenesisMu (zardozJones) is one of the two known work-in-progress Genesis/Megadrive emulators. It's also the only one that's been released to the public so far. Rlyeh is working on fGen32, the other known one - but it's unfinished and not yet released it either (as he's currently concentrating on his Gameboy emulator, among other things). It was entered into a recent competition I believe, so there's a chance we may see it in at least a month's time.

Welcome to the community. Overclocking has been discussed a lot since the last version of the SNES-Emulator came up, which was not as fast as expected, so it needs to run overclocked. Check out some of the posts, its very funny, they even try to fry their GP32 ...

Back