Hexen 2 gamma update?

Sugar_Kane

Could crush a grape
Hi Guys and Gals,

I've been revisiting Hexen 2 on the Pando recently (again) and it's always bugged me that it's just incredibly dark, almost unplayably dark in fact, and I do like to have at least a smidge of illumination while I'm busy running around in circles, looking at the ceiling while hundreds of magical arrows explode up my bum. The SDL version is lovely, but obviously not playable in a practical sense, it's the opengl version that smells of gin and onions.

I tried various things like editing the config file and using the console to set the gamma but none of that works. I discovered that it is apparently due to the engine port not utilizing good gamma/brightness control and so cannot be corrected by mere wretches like me.

I've searched around but I can't find an updated PND of the engine, so I presume it's never been done. Does anybody know of a newer version? Or does anybody know if a newer arm linux port exists that corrects this issue and can ported to the Pandora? Or is there a wizard amongst us that has a resolution to this problem?

Back