Heroes Of Might And Magic For Pandora?

arconreef

Still Fresh
I've been thinking, could there be a way to play the Heroes Of Might And Magic Linux version on the Pandora? I think that it's powerful enough for at least HOMM3 (I am looking at it's minimum requirements right now). The only problem is that the Pandora does not have a CD drive (of course not). Could the Pandora, in theory, play HOMM? If so, then would there be a way to run disk image's of them on it?

Also, would a Linux compatible usb disk drive work on the Pandora? :unsure:

The answer's very likely to be a no, but I had to ask. :p

(In case you don't know, HOMM means Heroes Of Might And Magic)

Hooka

That Guy!
Website
Visit site
Is the source completely C, or some asm? 'cause that could cause a problem for the arm processor... x86 in there...

hackgrid

Website
Visit site
arconreef said:
I've been thinking, could there be a way to play the Heroes Of Might And Magic Linux version on the Pandora? I think that it's powerful enough for at least HOMM3 (I am looking at it's minimum requirements right now). The only problem is that the Pandora does not have a CD drive (of course not). Could the Pandora, in theory, play HOMM? If so, then would there be a way to run disk image's of them on it?
No.

Also, would a Linux compatible usb disk drive work on the Pandora? :unsure:

Yes.

The answer's very likely to be a no, but I had to ask. :p

(In case you don't know, HOMM means Heroes Of Might And Magic)

meh

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon Grant

Still Fresh
it should be possible, I`m pretty sure you can mount a cd rom disk image under Linux, only sticking point could be any assembler used in the code, but I wouldn`t think thats very likely , why would they need heavily optimised code for something like that?, the C/C++ compiler should provide plenty of speed, it`s rare you need to resort to asm nowadays.

Hobbyman

edit, yah! thought so...linky thing...http://www.walkernews.net/2007/08/19/how-to-mount-and-read-cd-iso-image-in-linux/

squeakypants

I didn't know this game had a linux version. I used to play it all the time :) I've been meaning to get the new one...V is it now? III was awesome...

arconreef

Still Fresh
hackgrid said:
You may want to mention the FreeLords project:
http://freelords.sourceforge.net/

You can play Kings Bounty, one of the precessors of HoMM, with the Sega Genesis/Megadrive emulator too.

Is FreeLords a clone of Wesnoth or what!? I looked at the screen shots, and they look exactly the same, except for the lesser graphics and simpler gameplay. I'd totally go with Wesnoth If I had a choice. Speaking of Wesnoth, it'd work on Pandora right?

Wesnoth:

wesnoth-1.4-1.jpg

wesnoth-1.4-6.jpg

FreeLords:

Yeah, I'll take a look at King's Bounty.

Kramy

Wesnoth is great. :) If it isn't available on the Pandora, I'm sure someone will port it in record time.

hackgrid

Website
Visit site
arconreef said:
Is FreeLords a clone of Wesnoth or what!? I looked at the screen shots, and they look exactly the same, except for the lesser graphics and simpler gameplay. I'd totally go with Wesnoth If I had a choice. Speaking of Wesnoth, it'd work on Pandora right?
Yeah, just because it uses hexagonal tiles its a clone of wesnoth, ooooh yeah -.-

Since i mentioned it in this thread here its more of an HoMM clone...