Help!

ZeroPain

Still Fresh
:(
I tried to delete some files off my gp2x's nand using Linux (Ubuntu) and now this:

A folder called .Trash-justin that has all the files I tried to delete in it...

It says the file is "2.87 GB (3,085,219,500 bytes)" in windows 2000 and I can't find anyway to delete it. (When I try it says it cant read from that source on the disk).

This really pisses me off because tomorrow I was going to bring it to school as part of a project on Korea. Not to mention part of my nand might be corrupted!

Can anyone help get these files off...

Please..

ZeroPain posted on Feb 14 2007 at 01:28 AM said:
I tried to delete some files off my gp2x's nand using Linux (Ubuntu) and now this:

A folder called .Trash-justin that has all the files I tried to delete in it...

It says the file is "2.87 GB (3,085,219,500 bytes)" in windows 2000 and I can't find anyway to delete it. (When I try it says it cant read from that source on the disk).

This really pisses me off because tomorrow I was going to bring it to school as part of a project on Korea. Not to mention part of my nand might be corrupted!

Can anyone help get these files off...

Please..

Stop Your NAND Memory had nothing to do with this...

Ok listen up this happends to me all the time just turn your computer off it will reset it self and you will be able to delete what ever you're trying to delete. Just turn the computer completely off turn it back on and delete the file off your nand memory.

I know the file is not on your computer but that is what you do to get out of that happends to me alot don't be scared just turn your computer off turn it back on and try to erase the file again don't make the situation serious because it's not.

Also posting on here about this was stupid this is basic computer knowledge I mean it happends on any thing that you leave open and try to delete or had open and closed it and the computer didn't realize it and won't let you delete the file so just turn it off and turn the computer back on you need to listen to me and no one else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there, NEO GEO, erm ... I mean AOF³ ....

reportedna9.png

TelcoLou posted on Feb 14 2007 at 02:57 AM said:
Hello there, NEO GEO, erm ... I mean AOF³ ....

reportedna9.png

Who is AOF I don't know him :huh:

DAMNIT!

Now another folder wont delete and on top of that I just realized that nearly half my free nand space has vanished!

I don't have an SD card and I have no money to buy one, if I lose the nand then I'm as good as bricked.

Open your trash bin on the bottom right of your desktop, and delete the files from there, while you've got the nand hooked up to the PC. When you delete stuff with Ubuntu it just moves it to a folder called ./trash until you go to your trash bin and delete it for real.

Open your trash bin on the bottom right of your desktop, and delete the files from there, while you've got the nand hooked up to the PC. When you delete stuff with Ubuntu it just moves it to a folder called ./trash until you go to your trash bin and delete it for real.

The problem now is that I only have 9.3 mb of free space with no folders (Or hidden folders) to be seen.

Hmm, this used to happen a lot to me when I was devving for the iPod linux project (different device, same stuff, mainly...) sometimes I would unplug the iPod without ejecting it first, a real bad idea when using any Linux distro I know of :p It left me with 2 folders that filled my measly 1 gig iPod right up, making even a restore using the iPod updater impossible.

The first time it happened I simply ran a chkdsk (Start, Run, CMD, chkdsk X: /p where X: is your NAND) in Windows 2000 on the device, and voila, I could delete the folders, and all the data that got shoved into the FOUND.000* folders. The second and subsequential times that it happened chkdsk did not work, even fsck.vfat didn't help. The only option left was to format the file system. This is a lot easier for you that it is for an iPod, as theres a utility (as mentioned in the first reply) built into the GP2X to format the user area of the NAND. Make sure you have a good set of batterys in (you really don't want them to cut out!) Goto Setting --> System -- NAND --> Format = Yes and press B, the NAND will format itself (it only does the user area, don't be scared!). If that *really* does not work, you will need to get the HP USB Format tool (google it). If it can format a busted filesystem on a hacked iPod, I'm sure it can format the GP2X NAND :)

Good luck!

yodaofborg posted on Feb 14 2007 at 01:39 PM said:
Hmm, this used to happen a lot to me when I was devving for the iPod linux project (different device, same stuff, mainly...) sometimes I would unplug the iPod without ejecting it first, a real bad idea when using any Linux distro I know of :p It left me with 2 folders that filled my measly 1 gig iPod right up, making even a restore using the iPod updater impossible.

The first time it happened I simply ran a chkdsk (Start, Run, CMD, chkdsk X: /p where X: is your NAND) in Windows 2000 on the device, and voila, I could delete the folders, and all the data that got shoved into the FOUND.000* folders. The second and subsequential times that it happened chkdsk did not work, even fsck.vfat didn't help. The only option left was to format the file system. This is a lot easier for you that it is for an iPod, as theres a utility (as mentioned in the first reply) built into the GP2X to format the user area of the NAND. Make sure you have a good set of batterys in (you really don't want them to cut out!) Goto Setting --> System -- NAND --> Format = Yes and press B, the NAND will format itself (it only does the user area, don't be scared!). If that *really* does not work, you will need to get the HP USB Format tool (google it). If it can format a busted filesystem on a hacked iPod, I'm sure it can format the GP2X NAND :)

Good luck!
What were you devving, if I may ask? :)

to the orignal poster, I would try to format the nand from the gp2x menu indeed.

If you use shift + delete then it well delete the files as opposed to just moving them to a hidden folder. If you seem to have less space turn on show hidden files and then click on .trash and shift + delete it. AFAIK this is still a registered bug for nautilus as on a removable drive you dont want it to be written to multiple times.

Back