Help With Videos On Windows

piemaster

I've got a whole load of videos in AVI, DIVX and XVID and was wondering if anyone can recommend any software to play these on Windows XP. I've tried something called DXPlayer but didn't seem to work.

piemaster said:
I've got a whole load of videos in AVI, DIVX and XVID and was wondering if anyone can recommend any software to play these on Windows XP. I've tried something called DXPlayer but didn't seem to work.
Download and install the full version of the K-Lite Codec Pack, then you should be able to watch them in Windows Media Player. Or the "Classic" version which is included in the pack and not as bloated as WMP :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I dislike vlc, because its searchbar is godawful (click on it, and the bar will jump an inch to the left or right of where you´ve clicked). You cannot change the volume with the mouse wheel like im Mediaplayer classic and you can´t use the searchbar or any other control in fullscreen mode, so you have to switsch back to windowed mode whenever you want to skip, change volume etc.

I too recommend K-lite + mediaplayer classic.

I recommend using CCCP with the version of media player classic that is included in it. It's teh pwnage.

I tried the K-lite one and it worked perfect for playing Bleach and Naruto Thanks for that

I suggest against the K-Lite codec pack, as well as it being old, there are some strange functionality codecs. Also, some of the codecs in there are pirated if that bothers you at all. I very highly recommend using VLC, or FFDShow and Media Player Classic.

Back