help with naming a rock and roll song with little to go by

budweiser

GP32 Hardcore
Trying to think of a rock song, its like a once a day on the radio kinda hit.. all I know it starts LIKE a pink Floyd song - just some sounds (rather than music), then there is like whisper in background that faintly sings hallelujah hallelujah , then a deep grumbling voice that says something Like brownies or brownears (almost like a floyd one of these days kinda voice) ...then into a drum riff before song starts.. your my only hope unless I hear on radio again.. they played it a work, but changed the music station after first few seconds of song, So i figured I'd ask the experts here :) Thanks for your help Bud

Nope !!  doesn't have hallelujah in it except for the faint double hallelujah in beginning.  thanks though :)

I know this isn't it, but I had to.  "Better pray for Hell, not hallelujah."

https://www.youtube.com/embed/PSMj1C9B_JY?feature=oembed
I still like a lot of the new stuff, so not sure what other people complaining about recent Marilyn Manson albums have a problem with.

If it gets radio play I am probably not going to be of much help, unless it is older.  You said "just some sounds (rather than music), then there is like whisper in background" which could include a lot of what I listen to, however some of the stuff I like consists of only these types of elements.  Can you give approximate year, or even decade, of release, and a best guess as to what instruments are used?

Nope !!  doesn't have hallelujah in it except for the faint double hallelujah in beginning.  thanks though
Guess it's not Hallelujah by the Happy Mondays either ;) So many happy, if slightly hazy memories of this gig :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHfNLkIlW54

If you can remember the tune then try humming it to something like Soundhound

If you can remember which Radio station played the song and approx what time then check their website, sometimes they publish playlists.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
I like some of the stuff at the beginning that you mentioned.  Thanks for posting it when you figured it out.

Back