Help With Muriel

Garrett

Advanced Member
Apologies, couldn't resist the Hilda Ogden malaprop..

I'm completely gutting/re-decorating my living room & want to make a feature of one wall.. I'm not particularly artistic but figure if I adopt a kind of paint by numbers approach it shouldn't be too difficult.

What I'd appreciate from you guys are some image suggestions.. I've a few ideas, absolutely adore Eboy's pixel art but think doing real justice to his images may end up becoming a endeavor of Sistine Chapel like proportions.

Any thoughts..?

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, yeah I think doing pixel art of that scale using real paint is pretty hard work even if you copy something. A few sprites with larger pixels is more acheivable, but perhaps a little unoriginal. Although as long as you stay away from Space Invaders, Donkey Kong and Mario you're probably okay.

What's wrong with invaders?

I got a load of old 3.5" discs which I plan on making into an invader for the wall... Copying idea of something I see online by someone :)

If you want to do a large pixel thing like Eboys.... Try get hold of a projector.

Then throw it up on the wall and it's simple case of drawing over the projected image... Too easy.

A lot of large pieces are done that way, like art on pub garden walls and stuff

Back