Help With Html Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
WarmFluffyUK posted on Aug 28 2006 at 07:03 PM said:
iignotus posted on Aug 28 2006 at 05:56 PM said:
I sincerely beg to differ.
Well considering the thread is "Help With Html Code, disabling the right mouse button function..." I actually gave the javascript to do it. Instead of forming my own opinions whether it is a good thing or not, I thought it would be nice to be helpful. I'm amazed nobody else in this thread actually just gave the javascript themselves.

If someone wants to disable right hand mouse click on their own site, let them do it, regardless of how easy it is to copy sites content. That is one of the things that makes the web so interesting, the freedom to express yourself and to have your own web site the way you like it :) .
him: What's the easiest way to kill someone and not get caught?

me: Why would you want to kill someone? What's the matter with you? Here's reasons why not to do so...

you: Well you're going to want to wear gloves. Usually strangulation is the cleanest way, so that very little if any DNA evidence is left at the scene. Then when they're dead, you're going to want to drag the body down to the river...

Knowledge is power etc. but sometimes it's just better to explain why it's not something to do than explain how to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
iignotus posted on Aug 29 2006 at 01:47 AM said:
Well considering the thread is "Help With Html Code, disabling the right mouse button function..." I actually gave the javascript to do it. Instead of forming my own opinions whether it is a good thing or not, I thought it would be nice to be helpful. I'm amazed nobody else in this thread actually just gave the javascript themselves.

If someone wants to disable right hand mouse click on their own site, let them do it, regardless of how easy it is to copy sites content. That is one of the things that makes the web so interesting, the freedom to express yourself and to have your own web site the way you like it :) .

me: Why would you want to kill someone? What's the matter with you? Here's reasons why not to do so...

you: Well you're going to want to wear gloves. Usually strangulation is the cleanest way, so that very little if any DNA evidence is left at the scene. Then when they're dead, you're going to want to drag the body down to the river...

Knowledge is power etc. but sometimes it's just better to explain why it's not something to do than explain how to do it.
Strangulation != Disabling ablity to right-click

WarmFluffyUK posted on Aug 29 2006 at 12:03 AM said:

I would actually of done that, but I don't know much javascript at all :D

Hanz™ posted on Aug 28 2006 at 07:01 PM said:

Strangulation != Disabling ablity to right-click
Strangulation is much less irritating.

Him: I want to know how you can do that with HTML?

Me: Do this <body oncontextmenu="alert('Sorry, right click is disabled!'); return false;"> .

You: Are you mad giving someone help, why not strangle their creativity? And while you're at it, bow down to my vast knowledge as you're obviously mental.

Me: Whatever, stop being a loony and give us a smile :) .

WarmFluffyUK posted on Aug 29 2006 at 02:00 AM said:

Him: I want to know how you can do that with HTML?

Me: Do this <body oncontextmenu="alert('Sorry, right click is disabled!'); return false;"> .

You: Are you mad giving someone help, why not strangle their creativity? And while you're at it, bow down to my vast knowledge as you're obviously mental.

Me: Whatever, stop being a loony and give us a smile :) .
There's a lot of creativity required in successful homicide. Perhaps I should persue that career, and ask you for advice :)

Well you're going to want to wear gloves. Usually strangulation is the cleanest way, so that very little if any DNA evidence is left at the scene. Then when they're dead, you're going to want to drag the body down to the river...

Actually kicking/punching them in the neck would be the cleanest, least traceable way. Strangulation leaves finger marks, which can be measured to give a rough estimate as to the size of the stranglers hands. They are also more likely to struggle, and possibly scratch you, or make you leave some other mark.

Not the cleanest method, but knifing someone is probably better. You can then use the knife to do crazy carvings on the corpse, making it look like some sort of cult killing. Also, with the amount of knifings occuring at the minute, the police are less likely to pursue it as much as some other killing and will just blame it some gang of chavs.

Killer Net gives some interesting methods of commiting the murder and the disposing of the body. :p

Shikaku posted on Aug 29 2006 at 12:34 PM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Aug 29 2006 at 12:32 PM said:
You guys can be pretty sick sometimes :blink:

We're guys. That's what we do... scare women. =D
Yes but at least we don't tell people how to make shitty websites! High five! :ph34r: :ph34r:

iignotus posted on Aug 29 2006 at 06:29 PM said:
Shikaku posted on Aug 29 2006 at 12:34 PM said:

Yes but at least we don't tell people how to make shitty websites! High five! :ph34r: :ph34r:
Aw come on, just because you think something is naff doesn't mean it actually is. It's just your blinded opinion. Not that I disable right click on any of my sites, but at least I am adult enough to see that people have the right to do whatever they like on their own sites. And to be honest it's how they learn to make better webs.

I think you need to get off that little throne and join the rest of the human race. We're a pleasant bunch you know :rolleyes: .

Oh and I think high fiving a mirror is a little sad :lol: .

WarmFluffyUK posted on Aug 29 2006 at 09:33 PM said:
Aw come on, just because you think something is naff doesn't mean it actually is. It's just your blinded opinion. Not that I disable right click on any of my sites, but at least I am adult enough to see that people have the right to do whatever they like on their own sites. And to be honest it's how they learn to make better webs.
Learning that visitors don't want annoying features such as disabling right click will help him learn to make a better website. Surely there are very few websites where the aim is to prevent visitors from returning.

LHC posted on Aug 29 2006 at 09:44 PM said:
Learning that visitors don't want annoying features such as disabling right click will help him learn to make a better website. Surely there are very few websites where the aim is to prevent visitors from returning.
I think you missed the point of my post somewhat, how can I make it more clear: We learn from our mistakes.

Surely there are very few websites where the aim is to prevent visitors from returning.
Actually, there are quite a number of these sites.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Aug 29 2006 at 05:19 PM said:
I think you missed the point of my post somewhat, how can I make it more clear: We learn from our mistakes.
You can learn much more from other people than your own mistakes if you option to deflate your ego a bit ;) Why would someone want to spend time making a shitty website when they can just as easily... you know, not make a shitty website. It's completely idiotic.

LHC is completely right. We use the internet, we know what's good and what's not. I'm personally a paid web designer. Not that it matters, though, since it shouldn't take a genius to figure out that using intrusive script is NOT the way to go about making a website.

Take a visit to geocities.

Shikaku posted on Aug 29 2006 at 11:34 AM said:

Oh, you're a guy! :eek: No, kidding aside, you could have just told me it wouldn't do much to disable that function in a nice way...dude...? ;) :p

Well! That's blatently his aim!

Is it possible to kill someone using Javascript? Like a handy function or something that can be called when they click on a link? That would be fun. Or failing that, maybe just the ability to disable them when they right-click?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back