Help With Chatboard Modifying

Flavor

Daddy
Hey guys. Can you help me out a bit. I have searched the net for info about modifying the chatboards, but most of the info just says "chatboard" and not the model number. I know that most people have used the CHA-01 for their GP32s, but I was wondering if a CHA-07 or CHA-10 would work.

I really don't know anything about the chatboards, I've just seen that (for the phones) the models aren't interchangable. So, does that mean that I can ONLY use a CHA-01 for the GP32, or can I modify a CHA-07 or CHA-10 to work on my GP32?

I have the EXT connectors already, so all I need is the chatboards. I'd like to make 2 of them. Then, I'd like to hack Frodo to work with it. Perhaps someone else wants to work on Frodo, but for now, that's what I'd like to accomplish.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I live in the US and have been having problems finding the CHA-01s. So, perhaps someone knows where I could get a CHA-01 for cheap. That would help, too.

Thanks,
Flavor ( http://www.personal.triticom.com/~erm/GP32/ )

Yeah, its the CHA-01 and it even turned out to have been made in at least two versions. I had mine modded and it sends an extra command each time I press any functional key. Mr.Spiv already modified his driver to accept this and I am trying to remap the signals to letters.
About Frodo, I am not sure you could just "hack" it to support the chatboard. There is an interrupt (or possibly DMA) driven controller needed and then you have to convert the signals from the chatboard (which speaks in AT commands) to ascii. I suppose thats too much to do by just hacking a prorgam.

Well, when I said "hack" I meant to hack the source code. Frodo has the source available, so I thought maybe I'd just add it in. I didn't mean that I'd do any hex editing to slam it in there. :)

We'll, I've been looking on eBay, and I have a few leads, but still no chatboards so far. Spiv said that he thought the CHA-10 would also work, but that the pinout might be different. Does anyone know where I might find a pinout/schematic for the CHA-10. If it has the same signals, but just in a different location, that would be fine.

Thanks guys!

That's good news. I planned to get a chatboard working first, and then contact him to see if he wanted me to try to add support or whatever. If he's already doing it, then maybe I can work on a different project (or just play C64 games). :)

Speaking of C64 games, does anyone play AutoDuel by any chance? I guess my question isn't specific to AutoDuel, but that's all I've been messing around with lately.

The deal is that I start a new game, and then buy a car. The car is pretty crappy because I have no real money. BUT, when I go to use the car, it's much better than the car I purchased. Do you think I have a hacked version of AutoDuel, or is it because Frodo has the Action Replay built in? Is there any way around this?

Well, it looks like the D64 files that I had were hacked. Oh well. I guess it's not an Action Replay thing.

Back