Help With Autoconfig And Allegro 4

el_pango

Apologies for starting a new thread, but can someone out there in Pandora dev land attempt to download Allegro 4.2.3.1 (or 4.4.x, if you wish), unpack it, then in the directory where it got unpacked to, run
Code:
sh ./fix.sh unix
then
Code:
sh ./configure --disable-color8
and finally
Code:
make
, and post any errors you get here?

More specifically, I am trying to figure out why 'configure' seems to detect a lot of things just fine, but doesn't actually set or #define them and/or wondering if I've somehow incorrectly set up or hosed my dev environment, and am curious to see whether others will run into the same problems (to wit: 'configure' picks up on the presence of libpthread, the fact that we're small-endian, etc, but the defines Allegro uses to know this and compile the library accordingly aren't actually getting #define-d).

I ran configure with
Code:
./configure --disable-color8 --disable-asm --host=$TARGET_SYS
where TARGET_SYS = arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi

For some reason configure didn't set CROSSCOMPILE in the makefile so I ran make with
Code:
make CROSSCOMPILE=yes
to prevent it trying to run the assembly stuff (it parses it with a shell script instead).

The #defines are created in include/allegro/alunixac.h

The example program examples/extruec runs fine (a lot don't, you'll get seg faults because it keeps trying to default to 8bit colour).

paeryn said:
I ran configure with
Code:
./configure --disable-color8 --disable-asm --host=$TARGET_SYS
where TARGET_SYS = arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi

For some reason configure didn't set CROSSCOMPILE in the makefile so I ran make with
Code:
make CROSSCOMPILE=yes
to prevent it trying to run the assembly stuff (it parses it with a shell script instead).

The #defines are created in include/allegro/alunixac.h

The example program examples/extruec runs fine (a lot don't, you'll get seg faults because it keeps trying to default to 8bit colour).

Thanks so much!

I'll try this as soon as I get home; if I can get this done and ljoy.c reworked to read the game controls via libpnd, I'll upload it somewhere, and hopefully that'll kickstart the porting of some allegro games, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back