Help With Atari800

Xhorder

Still Fresh
I've sort of gotten it working, I'm having some trouble with configuration...

1. When I select bios or rom directories, should the file path begin with /tmp/mnt/sd/...? (that's what it defaults to) or something else (like just /mnt/sd)?

2. What does the entry "Find ROM/cfg in a directory" do? What directory am I supposed to select?

3. Should the SD card be read only or read/write?

thanks for any help

1. When I select bios or rom directories, should the file path begin with /tmp/mnt/sd/...? (that's what it defaults to) or something else (like just /mnt/sd)?

mnt/sd

Specifically:

UI INPUT:
/mnt/sd/roms/a800/menu/ui.men

INPUT:
/mnt/sd/roms/a800/menu/default.men

CLOCK CMD:
/mnt/sd/roms/a800/util/cpu_speed.sh

OS/A ROM:
/mnt/sd/roms/a800/os/atariosa.rom

OS/B ROM:
/mnt/sd/roms/a800/os/atariosb.rom

XL/XE ROM:
/mnt/sd/roms/a800/os/atarixl.rom

5200 ROM:
/mnt/sd/roms/a800/os/5200.rom

BASIC ROM:
/mnt/sd/roms/a800/os/ataribas.rom

2. What does the entry "Find ROM/cfg in a directory" do? What directory am I supposed to select?

* shrug * I never used it ...

3. Should the SD card be read only or read/write?

I have mine set to read/write

TelcoLou said:

* shrug * I never used it ...

It sets up the rest of the rom paths. Just point it to a directory with them all in.

Anyone feel like writing some nice instructions for this emulator that I can include?

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
foft said:
Anyone feel like writing some nice instructions for this emulator that I can include?

Mark
I considered doing that exact thing last week when we had two people asking basic usage questions, but I thought you might find it a bit rude, so I didn't do anything. :) Might have to see if I can find some time this week.

carlgeorge said:
foft said:
I considered doing that exact thing last week when we had two people asking basic usage questions, but I thought you might find it a bit rude, so I didn't do anything. :) Might have to see if I can find some time this week.

That would be awesome. Not rude in the least... I'd really appreciate it. Writing instructions isn't my strong point. I noticed the emulator quality has been voted down to 6/10 on the archive. I think thats due to usability/lack of instructions issues since it runs pretty much everything.

I might get time this W/E to fix the control issues with the DaveC joypad mod and eventually start my Gizmondo port. Or perhaps not:) I wonder if the MMU hack will speed it up enough to lower the default clock a bit too.

Mark

foft said:
carlgeorge said:
foft said:

That would be awesome. Not rude in the least... I'd really appreciate it. Writing instructions isn't my strong point. I noticed the emulator quality has been voted down to 6/10 on the archive. I think thats due to usability/lack of instructions issues since it runs pretty much everything.

I might get time this W/E to fix the control issues with the DaveC joypad mod and eventually start my Gizmondo port. Or perhaps not:) I wonder if the MMU hack will speed it up enough to lower the default clock a bit too.

Mark

Well yeah I remember giving alot of hints along time ago to improve the interface although you turned down most of my suggestions. Not sure if it was because you didn't like them or if it was because it would take too much time to do. If you are interested though I will go through and re-do again.

The pad fix would be nice. Please make it work with 5200 as the test build crashes on 5200 with the patch.

Other than that the emu is great.

Back