Help.. Virtual Dub

shah

I'm gonna order moviepark, but want to be able to create the files that run on it first..!

Have Div x 5, and yes d/l the 345 codec files so have all 3 now.

I can follow alll instructions, the problem is that when it encodes and can vary between 20-45% of the film, it usually crashes and says something about the mp3 encoding causing the crash. I have tried various settings for the mp3 bit for the sound all to no avail.

does anyone else get this problem..?

help and avice would be appreciated.

shah.

P.S. with a div x player i can see about 40% of the film that i created in 4.12, but only as much as i processed befoer the crash..!

I'm gonna order moviepark, but want to be able to create the files that run on it first..!

Have Div x 5, and yes d/l the 345 codec files so have all 3 now.

I can follow alll instructions, the problem is that when it encodes and can vary between 20-45% of the film, it usually crashes and says something about the mp3 encoding causing the crash. I have tried various settings for the mp3 bit for the sound all to no avail.

does anyone else get this problem..?

help and avice would be appreciated.

shah.

P.S. with a div x player i can see about 40% of the film that i created in 4.12, but only as much as i processed befoer the crash..!
Contrary to what you may have read, encoding the sound in Virtualdub is a Bad Thing. It totally depends upon what you're trying to encode as to how you should extract the audio, but if it's from an AVI or MPG, then Virtualdub can extract it for you ('Save Wav').

Then simply encode the audio with Razorlame (freeware: http://www.dors.de/razorlame/index.php), and select it as the soundtrack in virtualdub (ensuring audio is set to 'Direct Stream Copy'). Foolproof.

I'll be happy to provide more info if you can tell me what it is you're encoding from (ie, DVD, AVI file, VCD etc).

Last edited by a moderator:
I am encoding a Div X file. Its 650MB. The sound option has mp3 and thats whats shown in most guides..!

Thanks for the info.

Shah

The sound should be MP3, but it should be compressed in Razorlame, not Virtualdub as most guides insist. Compressing the audio in Virtualdub is what's causing your problems.

It seems as if tooo much to convert sound via Razorlame and so forth.. The question is how does everyone else do it..? and can i do it without using mp3..?

thanks

It takes no longer to do it via Razorlame than it does via Virtualdub, but it's up to you...

Back