Help! Violinist Of Hameln On Snes Not Working!

morrissey2k7

Website
Visit site
So, I'm trying to play Violinist of Hameln (Hamelin no Violin Hiki) for SNES. I patched the rom myself with an english translation using SNESTool, and I'm fairly confident that both the rom and translation patch are good quality. Unfortunately, when I try to play the game in either the newest version of PocketSNES or SquidgeSNES, one of two things happen (depending on various settings combinations):

A - The Enix logo appears on the screen and then everything goes black and nothing happens.

or

B - An endless loop of the Enix logo appearing over and over occurs.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

(I have an F-200 FW4.0... I don't think that should matter, since both emulators run other games for me without a hitch [usually], but I'm just saying).

Have you tried running it on a PC based emulator to see if it's just the rom?
Also when you're downloading roms, always try to look for the version with [!] in the filename. It means that it has been tested and is working

Appart for testing the rom in a PC, try to switch sound off. The sound core in PocketSnes and SquidgeSnes is not stable with a few games, specially if you have the "sound hack" switched on.

Well, my rom is verified by No-Intro, so that shouldn't be the problem.

I tested the patched rom in ZSNES on my laptop and I had the same problem... also, I tried running the original unpatched rom on my GP2X, and it works on both Squidge and Pocket, so I guess that means that there's something wrong with either my language patch or I'm somehow not patching it right (although, with SNESTool, I don't know how I could be doing it *wrong*).

Oh well... :(

I found an old copy and it seems to work fine.

Date Time CRC-32 Attr Name
---- ---- -------- ---- ----
06-27-2003 22:15 8a4f77e2 --wa Hamelin no Violin Tamaki (J) [T+Eng1.1_J2E].smc

Not sure if it's from the same patch. You may have to look for this version.

Back