Help: Stuck With Drmd For Megadrive Emulation

kryten59

Still Fresh
I've only just got the gp2x and have been downloading a few emulators and games. I can open DrMD and browse to a roms folder and select a rom...this is when the problem starts...the device just emits a continuous beeeeepppppp noise and the screen's blank after I've tried to launch it - I tried a couple of roms and the same.

Can I use any megadrive rom - they don't have to be in any special gp2x format/setup before use? I've got roms I had used on a PC megadrive emulator...shouldn't I be able to use these?

I don't know if this is relevant or not but there's two DrMD files on my SD card - DrMDv5b7.gpe and DrMDv5b7a.gpe - the former doesn't launch and it's the latter that I've been using...without any success so far.

Any help greatly appreciated! Any beginners guides available for emulation on the gp2x?

thanks.

Do you have a GP2X F200? If so, change DrMD's sound frequency in the options menu to something like 22050 or 11025, and save the settings as global. The GP2X F200 doesn't support all the sound frequencies that the F100 did, and that's why it crashes.

Sucks to be you... ;-)

Only kidding. Try Picodrive, i've got on best with that on the F200.

Yes, getting stuff to work is a slight pain and tricky to begin with. Imagine how hard it is for the dev's to get stuff to work full stop^W^Wperiod. :)

Stick with it, the things you learn now will help you get every other emulator & game to run!

thanks for the replies...

...it is the gp2x f200 I've got and I hadn't even touched the cpu settings or sound frequency - something to try before I give picodrive a go...hopefuly that'll be a bit easier to get on with then.

changed the sound frequency to 11025 and bingo...all's well now.

thanks again.

kryten59 said:
changed the sound frequency to 11025 and bingo...all's well now.

thanks again.
Glad to hear you got it working! :) As awesome as DrMD is I wold try what others have mentioned and use Picodrive. It has better compatibility with certain games plus sega cd emulation as well, but glad to know everythings working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back