Drmd And F-200

yves31

Still Fresh
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use DrMD with my F-200.

I can get in the main menu and start my roms, but as soon as I do that, I get a black screen and a continous unpleasant noise in the speaker. A second time, I tried to turn off the sound in the emu but same thing happen. The only way out is to turn it off.

I'm using the .gpe with an a at the end.

Was someone able to make it work?

:unsure: I have the option to return my f-200 (and losing 20% at the same time). I'd prefer to keep it. But so many problems. It goes too fast in OutCast, now this with DrMD... Maybe I should have bought the F-100.

Thanks for any help.

Yves

Give it a little time, some dev's haven't received there GP2X f200 yet, others are already working on solutions to problems like your. Most things have source available so it's not like we're hopeless to fix them even if the devs are gone, there's still hope!

I don`t own a F200, But as a suggestion, Have you tried changing the "Sound Rate:" in the "MD Options" menu to a different frequency ?, Try all of them and see how you go. It may not work, But it`s worth a try.

Trooper

rokdcasbah said:
any reason you can't use picodrive? save games?
Yeah, I'd advise a switch to PicoDrive. As a rule, PicoDrive has always brought more consistent results and better performance than DrMD for me.

An emulator not working is no reason to jump to the conclusion that something's wrong with your unit. It's actually amazing that nearly every emulator currently available worked with the F-200 with no compatibility issues straight out of the box. And in the short time that the F-200 has been available, we've already seen updates on some of the major emulators that correct any compatibility problems (MAME, PocketSNES, AlexKidd2x, etc...).

Last edited by a moderator:
PicoDrive works fine. Thanks for the help. Since I'm new around, I didn't know about this sega emulator. :D

Yves

Back