Help: Picodrive/mega Cd/f200

Mal0ne

Still Fresh
Hello all I have just purchased a GP2X F200 and am unable to get Final Fight CD to work on the Picodrive. I don' knowt if I have a dodgy ROM but I have downloaded it twice from two different sites and neither of them work. One of the Roms crashed half way through and the other loads fully then crashes as its about to load. Has anyone else had this problem? or know of a better site for me to get Mega CD rom from or does Final Fight CD not work on this emu?

Thanks for any help :)

foleyjo said:
have you tried messing with the different mega cd settings
I did read some of the forum and saw that a member said to change some of the settings to 2048 and turn another thing On I cant remeber what it was of the top of my head. What settings do you have yours on to work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure you have the newest version of picodrive?
Also, do you have the correct [region] bios?
Just a couple of suggestions.

geo12 said:
Are you sure you have the newest version of picodrive?
Also, do you have the correct [region] bios?
Just a couple of suggestions.
Hi

I have version 1.35 what do you have your settings on to play final fight?
I still am having problems getting it to work :(

Mal0ne said:
I have version 1.35 what do you have your settings on to play final fight?
I still am having problems getting it to work :(
Have you managed to get any other Mega CD games to work? If so, perhaps Final Fight just can't run in the current version of Picodrive. Make a donation to the author thanking him for his work thus far, and clearly write out the exact errors you are having as well as all the settings you are trying, and send him an email. Don't just say "hey it doesnt work what settings must I use", but rather say "Hi, this could be a potential bug. I am using this version of this rom on this version of Picodrive, using the USA/JAP/EUR bios, and so on and so on.

These are non-profit homebrew labours of love, so if no one on the forums can help you, and you need to approach the developer for help, show your appreciation while also maybe pointing out a potential issue with the emulator that can be dealt with in future releases.

I added bios, zipped iso, turned off pcm and mp3; starts up fine; gets blank screen after some "decompressing" messages but starts up again after I press "start".

Back