GP32 Help Needed To Test/work On Midishare (arm) ..

torpor

hack hack hack, the little machines fight back
Website
w1xer.at
okay gang,

i have a basic version of MidiShare ready to go, i consider it Alpha quality, and i need to work a bit closer with some MidiShare-savvy/interested folks to move it into a stage where it can be used by anyone wanting to add MIDI hardware capabilities to their GP2X.

what i need is a couple of testers with this config who can help me work through an "Alpha-stage" release of MidiShare, to get it to a beta .. you will need:

1. a GP2X

2. a Serial cable (for console mode hacking)
see: http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Serial_cable

3. an EXT->USB adapter .. either build your own or get one from art103
see: http://www.artaylor.co.uk/~richard/gp2x/

4. a USB-MIDI adapter which follows the USB-MIDI class device spec .. i'm using steinberg 2x2 and MIDIMAN 2x2 adapters for my needs, but any USB-MIDI class device should work (Roland etc.)

5. a MidiShare bin-pack from me, plus instructions.

i don't want to make it a full public release .. yet .. because i want to get a bit more alpha testing done by savvy hackers first, so if there is anyone set up and interested in helping move this forward a bit, i could sure use the contact ..

so please followup in this thread if you're interested, or come looking for me (torpor) on #gp2xdev ..

Ahhh damn! I have myself a bunch of midi controllers (just got myself an M-Audio Trigger Finger) but I don't have any serial cables lying around to help you out. I am however, EXTREMELY interested in how this project will turn out as I can see a lot of potential whenever working with MIDI. If there is any other way I can contribute however (without the use of serial cables <_<) please drop me a PM. I wish you the best of luck with the project!

Hello

I'm very interesting in music applications (midi and of course samples...) on GP2X too! especially for live sessions (like Rebirth338 software, or the roland groovebox, etc...)

unfortunatly I haven't got a usb midi controller to help you :(

good luck!

dimitri

demether posted on Mar 14 2006 at 09:07 PM said:
Hello

I'm very interesting in music applications (midi and of course samples...) on GP2X too! especially for live sessions (like Rebirth338 software, or the roland groovebox, etc...)

unfortunatly I haven't got a usb midi controller to help you :(

good luck!

dimitri

I have some synths what I'd love to control from GP2x! The screen on the GP2x is far better than in the Motifs and Tritons and FantomX has very similar one. It's entirelly possible to use GP2x as very good seqencer and even a synth itself!

Unfortunately I'm into two project already and just doesn't have a time...

But if someone would make working EXT->midi (with in and out) adaptor I'd buy it immediately!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back